Sky Go - Error Code: 9903 on MacBook Pro (New Sky Go App)

Answered
Go to Answer
Researcher
Post 91 of 98

Re: Sky Go - Error Code: 9903 on MacBook Pro (New Sky Go App)

Hi 

Glad you got sorted.

I have been on with Sky numerous times and to the highest levels of their support. They have conceded deteat - they have admitted they cannot get it to work on a Mac.

I have been a Sky customer for 20 years and when my deal comes to an end in a couple of months I will be leaving.

Awful service

Viewer
Post 92 of 98

I cannot believe I am having to write this and sign up to the forum for this issue.

Ive gone through the entire thread. No suggested fixes have worked.

Oh - and for th sake of clarity - I work at a senior support level in AppleCare. Myself and my colleagues have had a few calls about this issue and Sky are telling them to call us for advicded.. Crazy. We have done everything to research this and are stumped. So if Sky tell you to call us - don't bother. We have no procedure other than to completly reset and restore your system to factory.

I actually called Sky over the phone for over an hour and the Senior team would not take the call from myself - They said contact Apple first. Once I told them of my job, the call ended. I rang back up and all they could do was apologise and that they information they were given was to contact Apple Support.

Crazy antics.

Runner
Post 93 of 98

Thanks for this. I am on a MacBook Pro Retina. Once I opened Utilities and Activity Monitor it was then a case of finding the software that was running. I was totally unaware as I am sure you will be that there is so much running without me knowing. The one for me was NML2NDeviceObserver.

As soon as I closed this one the Sky Go app worked. 

@wexford+user wrote:

@RSTC428wrote:

Unfortunately, it sounds like you are using a Windows machine, as the Mac doesn't have Task Manager...

Thanks for the feedback though....

I just answerd my own question - This is how you do it on a Mac

http://osxdaily.com/2013/05/17/see-all-running-apps-mac-os-x/

@wexford+user wrote:

@RSTC428wrote:

Unfortunately, it sounds like you are using a Windows machine, as the Mac doesn't have Task Manager...

Thanks for the feedback though....

I just answerd my own question - This is how you do it on a Mac

http://osxdaily.com/2013/05/17/see-all-running-apps-mac-os-x/

Runner
Post 94 of 98

@Sam-R I've been through all of the running processes on my MacBook Air and found none of the below but I'm still getting the error.

I'm running MacOS High Sierra and Sky Go Version 1.0.19-1. 

Any further ideas? 

Oracle
Post 95 of 98

@pos89

Did you also close down the snipping tool ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Researcher
Post 96 of 98

I have tried all the tips suggested on this thread and still Sky Go does not work.

Sky cannot help me and despite being a customer for over 15 years, I have resigned to cancelling my subscription his summer when it is up.

Their customer service is apalling.

Runner
Post 97 of 98

@caesarome

You mean the defaul MacOS screenshot tool accessed via e.g. cmd + shift + 3? Is there a way to quit that? I've removed all of the shortcuts (System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Screenshot) for it so that it's not accessible but I still cannot load anything on Sky Go. 

Note: I don't have any other 3rd party snipping tools installed. 

Oracle
Post 98 of 98

@pos89

I dont own a Mac so I would presume that is the one other folks have been discussing earlier in this thread.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Recommended Threads
11-04-2018 05:39 PM
27-04-2018 01:07 PM
18-03-2018 02:25 PM
02-04-2018 11:08 PM
24-04-2018 08:32 PM