Sky Go - Error Code: 9903 on MacBook Pro (New Sky Go App)

Answered
Go to Answer
Researcher
Post 76 of 98

Re: Sky Go - Error Code: 9903 on MacBook Pro (New Sky Go App)

You might have something installed that is automatically restarting the app.

When Sky Go starts the error again is the process running again in Activity Monitor?

Search for the file and physically delete it, but there will be an app you have installed somewhere starting it up.

Researcher
Post 77 of 98

This is driving me crazy! I am running a Mac Book Pro with 10.12.5. I have no apps running other than Safari, Sky Go and Finder.

I am still getting this message. Couyld somebody please help?

Many thanks

Oracle
Post 78 of 98

@soupie

If the advice in the posts above yours has not helped try closing the Windows Snipping Tool which might be running in the background.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Researcher
Post 79 of 98

Thanks caesarome but I am using an Apple  Mac so don't have Windows Snipping Tool. 

I have closed down all apps except Sky Go and Safari.

Boom Operator
Post 80 of 98

Hi Soupie,

So you have tried searching for the NML2NDeviceObserver process and it isn't running on your system? One of the other posts mentioned Citrix as a possible source of the problem, but as you've closed everything except Sky Go and Safari, I assume your processes are clear. 

Do you use any mobile software at all?  I'm just thinking that so far we know that using a Vodafone USB Broadband Dongle causes an issue. Have you installed any third party device software at all?

Researcher
Post 81 of 98

Thanks RSTC

I have searhced for 'NML2NDeviceObserver' and it is not finding anything.

I am tried using my BT home wifi and also teathering from my Iphone which on BT Mobile but the error is happening under both conditions.

Boom Operator
Post 82 of 98

I've given up on this and now watch Netflix instead.

I didn't have quicktime running however it is now an integral part of iOS High Sierra so it can't be removed.

Sky are simply not bothered so I am not bothered with them either.

Researcher
Post 83 of 98

I feel like giving up also!

I have been on the phone to Sky for an hour and they cannot help. They read out a list of apps that cannot be running while you are using Sky Go - including Quicktime and iMovie. I am not running any other programmes - only Sky Go. It is not possible to delete Quicktime or iMovie as they are part of IOS.

Can anybody please offer and help?

Oracle
Post 84 of 98

@soupie wrote:

It is not possible to delete Quicktime or iMovie as they are part of IOS.

It might not be possible to uninstall them but can you not stop them from running ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Researcher
Post 85 of 98

'I am not running any other programmes - only Sky Go.'

Nothing is running except Sky Go.

Boom Operator
Post 86 of 98

You said you are running iOS - do you mean MacOS?

Researcher
Post 87 of 98

I am using a Mac Book Pro and have just updated from 10.12.5 to High Sierra 10.13.4.

Sky Go does not work on either OS.

It used to work well previously on 10.12.5 but then Sky updated their Sky Go player!

Just on a side note, I have downloaded the Sky Sports player app and it works fine - very odd!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Runner
Post 88 of 98

I have had the same problem Error Code 9903, and after a weekend of texts, calls, messaging and eventually a trip to the mac store today, with no luck, I gave up.  However, I have read all your posts and agree that Sky should do something it is ridiculous, but I did try all the things you suggest and found NML2N and deleted it AND NOW IT WORKS.  Fantastic, I am so pleased.  

thank you all for your help

Boom Operator
Post 89 of 98

@Anitajahn wrote:

I have had the same problem Error Code 9903, and after a weekend of texts, calls, messaging and eventually a trip to the mac store today, with no luck, I gave up.  However, I have read all your posts and agree that Sky should do something it is ridiculous, but I did try all the things you suggest and found NML2N and deleted it AND NOW IT WORKS.  Fantastic, I am so pleased.  

thank you all for your help

Yes, it's a shame that not one person from Sky tech Support came onto this forum to offer you that fix:-( This site is on and run by Sky, and yet I never see advice from a Sky Enginner - If I were are Sky software developer and read this I would be ashamed of myself and the department I work in, and indeed the company I work for. Extreemly bad product support. Send an email to them about an updgrade and see how quick you get a response:-)

Boom Operator
Post 90 of 98

@ExVirgin666 wrote:

I've given up on this and now watch Netflix instead.

I didn't have quicktime running however it is now an integral part of iOS High Sierra so it can't be removed.

Sky are simply not bothered so I am not bothered with them either.

But you are probably still paying the subscription. Yes I know your peed off and so are just using Netflix instead - Sky don't care, it is not like you paid for the app, they are happy as long as you keep paying the subscription - they don't care if you don't use the app.

I eventrely got rid of the error, but I downloaded latest version of OS and then reinstalled the app, I also deleted every single thing on my mac that had anything to do with Video and then it worked. I figured anything I needed could be reinstalled one by one - But do you know what it was a good clean up exercise, I actually haven't needed any of those apps since:-)

But we MUST keep telling Sky on this forum that there support is not good enough and they shhould be ashamed - even if they assigned one tech to monitor this site and give some help, that would be a start! Silence Sky is not the best option!

Recommended Threads
11-04-2018 05:39 PM
27-04-2018 01:07 PM
18-03-2018 02:25 PM
02-04-2018 11:08 PM
24-04-2018 08:32 PM