Sky Go - Error Code: 9903 on MacBook Pro (New Sky Go App)

Answered
Go to Answer
Oracle
Post 61 of 98

Re: Sky Go - Error Code: 9903 on MacBook Pro (New Sky Go App)

@Rutu

Make sure all other apps are closed down especially the snipping tool, Quicktime Player and any other video or music grabbing ones.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
New Viewer
Post 62 of 98

Hold CMD + Alt + ESC (command+option + esc) and force quit any open applications apart from sky go and safari as you are most probably going to come back to this thread if it doesn't work for you so i suggest keep safari open. Force quit anything else  and try to play movie from sky go, should work, worked for me. 

Runner
Post 63 of 98

Hi,

SkyGo has been an absolute pain to use these past few years. First it was no longer supported on Chrome, then Microsoft Edge, then even on Internet Explorer they stopped it and forced everyone to stream through their new app!

Anyway - I had the exact same error code (PFE9903). Reading the advice on this Forum I started Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Delete) and pressed 'End Task' on any background apps/services I figured might relate to video/recording content. After this I restarted SkyGo, and it worked first time.

note during this process I left Chrome open and it did not affect the error code.

So yes, my advice would be to close down as many background apps as you see fit - as long as you are confident they seem relevant for SkyGo to work.

Hope this helps everyone.

@RSTC428 wrote:

I am using the new Sky Go app on my macbook pro. I downloaded it on Wednesday and tried it and it worked fine. I tried it again this evening (thursday), and after watching football for about 5 seconds, I get the following error on screen:

"You appear to be running software capable of capturing video. If you want to watch this show, please ensure that all capture aoftware is disabled and try again. Code: PFE 9903."

I have closed all other programs on my mac, checked that I have no "video capture" software running, and re-booted. I then only ran Sky Go and nothing else but I still get the error......

There was a new download  this evening, so i assume that has had something to do with it.

Production Supervisor
Post 64 of 98

@adamrobbo wrote:

Hi,

SkyGo has been an absolute pain to use these past few years. First it was no longer supported on Chrome, then Microsoft Edge, then even on Internet Explorer they stopped it and forced everyone to stream through their new app!

Anyway - I had the exact same error code (PFE9903). Reading the advice on this Forum I started Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Delete) and pressed 'End Task' on any background apps/services I figured might relate to video/recording content. After this I restarted SkyGo, and it worked first time.

note during this process I left Chrome open and it did not affect the error code.

So yes, my advice would be to close down as many background apps as you see fit - as long as you are confident they seem relevant for SkyGo to work.

Hope this helps everyone.

@adamrobbo

Interesting.  Could you list all the apps/services/processes you hit the ‘end task’ button on please?

New Viewer
Post 65 of 98

Was having this exact same issue on my Mac with the same error message.  Managed to fix it buy stopping everything in my activity monitor and uninstalling Citrix software I had running. May be worth a try if you use Citrix

Runner
Post 66 of 98

Brilliant.  Used the link to find out what was running on my Mac, force quit Quick Time (which I didn't know I had), restarted SkyGo and it worked first time.  Many thanks for sorting out a problem that Sky seemed unable to fix.

New Viewer
Post 67 of 98

Thanks Smiley Happy closing the snip tool worked for me

Answer
Community Manager
Post 68 of 98

Hi all,

Here are some processes you will want to check for and close to see if it clears this error.

MAC:

• AirParrot
  • AirFlick
  • AirPlayer
  • Debut
  • Camtasia
  • Camtasia 2
  • ScreenFlow
  • Snapz Pro X
  • Screenium
  • Capture Me
  • Captureit!
  • Screen Mimic
  • Screenflick
  • ScreenRecord
  • ScreenRecord 2
  • Movavi Screen Capture
  • Screencast-0-Matic
  • OBS
  • Quick Time
  • VLC
  • FLV player
  • Multi-Media player
  • EL-Media player
  • i-movie
  • CyberLink Media Player software
  • NML2NDeviceObserver

Windows:

• GameCapture.exe
  • debut.exe
  • AutoScreenRecorder.exe
  • ScreenHunter.exe
  • ReplayVideo.exe
  • Recorder.exe
  • FlashBack
  • Screen~1.exe
  • AUTOSC~1.EXE
  • liteCAM.exe
  • fraps.exe
  • fraps64.dat
  • CamRecorder.exe
  • CamtasiaStudio.exe
  • Screencast-O-Matic.exe
  • FlashBack Recorder.exe
  • SnippingTool.exe
  • VideoCapture.exe
  • ScreenCapture.exe
  • OBS.exe
  • Quick Time
  • VLC
  • CyberLink Media Player software

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Runner
Post 69 of 98

Hello there, 

You may find you are running quicktime in the background which can screen record so gert quit it like.

Researcher
Post 70 of 98

Hi,

Thought I'd add my findings on this, as I updated the app yesterday, right before I was about to do a work out on my road bike rollers with the Giro d'italia on my laptop with sky go.  In the end I spent an hour wasting time trying to debug this issue, I eventually gave up and resorted to using the wife' surface pro to get my work out done!

Finally figured it out later in the evening.  I didn't have anything running as suggested on this thread.  But I did have a process called "NML2NDeviceObserver", killed this process off and hey presto, Sky Go works.  Turns out "NML2NDeviceObserver" is related to a Vodafone mobile broadband app I had installed to use a USB 3G dongle.

I no longer have the 3G dongle, so I've removed the app altogether.

Hopefully this might be useful for others!

Boom Operator
Post 71 of 98

I'd tried everything else that had previously been mentioned in this post and was convinced that this may be linked to Quicktime after talking with Apple who were way more helpful than Sky. I was going to do some more testing with the Apple advisor (when I had time) to try and either confirm or deny this but to be honest I hadn't had the time. I had created a temp user on my mac and that had been working for me as the temp user could still use the old web browser based viewer. 

When I saw your post about the Vodafone dongle I remembered I had found my old dongle recently and installed it to see if it would still work. I'd forgotten all about it and never used it as I just link my iPhone if i'm out and about anyway.

I deleted the app, restarted, checked for any updates and ran them and restarted again.

I took a deep breath and started the sky go app and waited for the error code to pop up, and waited, and waited. It never came, the app now runs as it should. So thank you for sharing what you found, it has worked for me.

I'm still disappointed with Sky for basically blowing me off and not at least trying to solve the problem. Apple had a much better approach even though they have no responsibility to diagnose third party apps. Maybe Sky could take a leaf out of their book?

Thanks from my mrs too, she said at least I can stop moaning now. 

I've still got to sort a problem with my Vodafone home broadband intermittently dropping out but thats a battle for another forum and another time. And something else for me to moan about.  Smiley Wink

Thanks again and good luck to everyone else.

Boom Operator
Post 72 of 98

YESSSSSS!!!!!!  You are a genius!! You have solved the problem!! 

As you have said, I searched for the NML2NDeviceobserver process and it was there. I killed it and Hey Presto.... it's working!

Well done.  

The only difference is I have never used a Vodafone dongle, so something else may have created/started this process, but it has definitely fixed it.

Everyone else on a Mac - do the same and let us know if it fixes it for you. 

Now we just have to wait for the next update to break it again I suppose :-)

Boom Operator
Post 73 of 98

Latest update, I got excited too soon. 

The error is back but it just takes longer to come up now, about 5 minutes istead of seconds.

Back to square one.

Smiley Sad

Boom Operator
Post 74 of 98

Strange - I don't understand that.... did you check for the process in activity monitor? Mine appears to be stable now and working...

Runner
Post 75 of 98

NML2NDeviceObserver quitting did it for me too, thanks.

Recommended Threads
11-04-2018 05:39 PM
27-04-2018 01:07 PM
18-03-2018 02:25 PM
02-04-2018 11:08 PM
24-04-2018 08:32 PM