Sky Go - Error Code: 9903 on MacBook Pro (New Sky Go App)

Answered
Go to Answer
Boom Operator
Post 31 of 98

Re: Sky Go - Error Code: 9903 on MacBook Pro (New Sky Go App)

Thanks for your reply, and all the responses so far to this thread... I have been checking activity monitor and closing down apps and processes that could be causing this problem, but to no avail.... same problem as before....

What I'm really fed up with is the fact that this is supposed to be a Sky Forum, and people are having problems with Sky software, but nobody from Sky seems to give a damn about it, and won't get involved in the discussion.... To be honest, it reminds me of Apple, who are the same.... just buy our products and if they don't work... tough... this is NOT Customer Service, and doesn't breed loyalty.. If the Sky support people aren't up to the job, then fire them and get people in who DO care about the customers......

Oracle
Post 32 of 98

@RSTC428 wrote:

Thanks for your reply, and all the responses so far to this thread... I have been checking activity monitor and closing down apps and processes that could be causing this problem, but to no avail.... same problem as before....

What I'm really fed up with is the fact that this is supposed to be a Sky Forum, and people are having problems with Sky software, but nobody from Sky seems to give a damn about it, and won't get involved in the discussion.... To be honest, it reminds me of Apple, who are the same.... just buy our products and if they don't work... tough... this is NOT Customer Service, and doesn't breed loyalty.. If the Sky support people aren't up to the job, then fire them and get people in who DO care about the customers......

This forum is primarily customer-to-customer help, it is unlikely you'll get a reply from Sky

Annie Oracle since 2012 Customer since 1989 Beta Tester (Sky,Apple,Microsoft) I do not work for sky! FAQ for Sky+ Community Blog
Boom Operator
Post 33 of 98

I've seen threads where they have replied, but they seem to pick and choose the ones they can answer.....

Boom Operator
Post 34 of 98

@ji36wrote:

@wexford+userwrote:

@RSTC428wrote:

Unfortunately, it sounds like you are using a Windows machine, as the Mac doesn't have Task Manager...

Thanks for the feedback though....

I just answerd my own question - This is how you do it on a Mac

http://osxdaily.com/2013/05/17/see-all-running-apps-mac-os-x/

Thanks following this link worked for me! Use the activity monitor to close the apps running in the background.
A week of talking to sky couldn’t fix it, this took 30 seconds 👍🏼

Thanks for the feedback, by the way what files did you force quit using it? Althogh I have found it and used it, there isn't anything obvious for me, and I have quit a few but am still getting the stupid error? So what did you quit that made it work. Also anyone know how I get the latest vertion of the app, I have reinstalled but can still only download version 1XXX - I have another mac running Hi Sierra - when I downloaded the new app it gave me version 3.2xx - and that works fine on that laptop, no error message! So is the download depedent on OSX version - if so maybe the fix is upgrade to Hi soerra and download 3.2xx of the app? 

Boom Operator
Post 35 of 98

Actually, the 3.2.xx version is NOT the latest version. That is the version which is linked to the Sky Go website. The latest version  1.0.19-1 (1.0.19-1) is the new "standalone" app, which has the menu built in. It is based on the same platform as the Sky Sports app, which works perfectly on my macbook pro, and I also have the Now TV app, which also works.  I'm not sure where the problem is, but if the other apps from Sky work, then it follows that this should.

Boom Operator
Post 36 of 98

So where do I go (link if possible) to download 3.2, as that is working on my other macbook?

@RSTC428wrote:

Actually, the 3.2.xx version is NOT the latest version. That is the version which is linked to the Sky Go website. The latest version  1.0.19-1 (1.0.19-1) is the new "standalone" app, which has the menu built in. It is based on the same platform as the Sky Sports app, which works perfectly on my macbook pro, and I also have the Now TV app, which also works.  I'm not sure where the problem is, but if the other apps from Sky work, then it follows that this should.

Runner
Post 37 of 98

I'm having the same issue but on my Windows laptop - absolutely ridiculous. You pay Sky money and they treat their customers like this.

Rubbish.

Boom Operator
Post 38 of 98

This is the link to get the 3.2 version: http://go.sky.com/downloads

Runner
Post 39 of 98

Closing the snipping tool worked for me - much to my surprise.

Boom Operator
Post 40 of 98

@RSTC428wrote:

This is the link to get the 3.2 version: http://go.sky.com/downloads

When I click on that link it says file not found?

Boom Operator
Post 41 of 98

Is this on a mac? What is the snipping tool called?

I also loaded Hi Sierra, took two hours - And you guessed it, didn't work same error - Come on Sky Fix this please!!!!!

Boom Operator
Post 42 of 98

You sure? When I click on this link, it takes me to this page:

Screen Shot 2018-04-07 at 17.12.42.png

clicking on the button immediately downloads the "SkyGoInstaller.zip" file to my downloads folder....

Oracle
Post 43 of 98

If you are looking for a link to download the Sky Go desktop app you can download it from here direct from the Sky website.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Boom Operator
Post 44 of 98

That link downloads a Windows version of the player. We are talking about the Mac version.....

Runner
Post 45 of 98

I've just had the same issue on my mac, closing quicktime player did the job & allowed me to view the content, agreed the app is terrible though & sky support are useless, if its not on their script, they're of no use.

Hope that helps!

Recommended Threads
11-04-2018 05:39 PM
27-04-2018 01:07 PM
18-03-2018 02:25 PM
02-04-2018 11:08 PM
24-04-2018 08:32 PM