Sky Go - Error Code: 9903 on MacBook Pro (New Sky Go App)

Answered
Go to Answer
Highlighted
Boom Operator
Post 1 of 98

Sky Go - Error Code: 9903 on MacBook Pro (New Sky Go App)

I am using the new Sky Go app on my macbook pro. I downloaded it on Wednesday and tried it and it worked fine. I tried it again this evening (thursday), and after watching football for about 5 seconds, I get the following error on screen:

"You appear to be running software capable of capturing video. If you want to watch this show, please ensure that all capture aoftware is disabled and try again. Code: PFE 9903."

I have closed all other programs on my mac, checked that I have no "video capture" software running, and re-booted. I then only ran Sky Go and nothing else but I still get the error......

There was a new download  this evening, so i assume that has had something to do with it.

Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Community Manager
Post 68 of 98

Re: Sky Go - Error Code: 9903 on MacBook Pro (New Sky Go App)

Hi all,

Here are some processes you will want to check for and close to see if it clears this error.

MAC:

• AirParrot
  • AirFlick
  • AirPlayer
  • Debut
  • Camtasia
  • Camtasia 2
  • ScreenFlow
  • Snapz Pro X
  • Screenium
  • Capture Me
  • Captureit!
  • Screen Mimic
  • Screenflick
  • ScreenRecord
  • ScreenRecord 2
  • Movavi Screen Capture
  • Screencast-0-Matic
  • OBS
  • Quick Time
  • VLC
  • FLV player
  • Multi-Media player
  • EL-Media player
  • i-movie
  • CyberLink Media Player software
  • NML2NDeviceObserver

Windows:

• GameCapture.exe
  • debut.exe
  • AutoScreenRecorder.exe
  • ScreenHunter.exe
  • ReplayVideo.exe
  • Recorder.exe
  • FlashBack
  • Screen~1.exe
  • AUTOSC~1.EXE
  • liteCAM.exe
  • fraps.exe
  • fraps64.dat
  • CamRecorder.exe
  • CamtasiaStudio.exe
  • Screencast-O-Matic.exe
  • FlashBack Recorder.exe
  • SnippingTool.exe
  • VideoCapture.exe
  • ScreenCapture.exe
  • OBS.exe
  • Quick Time
  • VLC
  • CyberLink Media Player software

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 98

Hi @RSTC428

Another way to watch the football is via the Sky Sports website here:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/sky-sports-premier-league

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Boom Operator
Post 3 of 98

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I know I can watch the football via the skysports website, but I am trying to use the new app. I realise it is only being used by a small number of existing Sky users, but it is an issue that needs to be resolved by Sky developers. 

I hope they monitor these forums and can respond with a fix or suggestion...

Community Manager
Post 4 of 98

Hi @RSTC428

Speaking with the technical people - they have asked if you can try shutting down iTunes if it is in your app tray. Can you also right click and make sure that it isn't active?

There was talk of Quicktime possibly running in the background and causing this to happen. Just wanted to see if you could try this and see if it helps. 

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Boom Operator
Post 5 of 98

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your response. I have checked Activity Monitor and I am not running iTunes or Quicktime. I've tried the app again and am still receiving the same error. Not sure where to go from here... Just to let you know, I have the Sky Sports App on my mac, and that works perfectly. The 2 players obviously don't share the same code... maybe try talking to Sky Sports or Now TV?

Trevor

Runner
Post 6 of 98

Re: Sky Go - Error Code: 9903 (New Sky Go App)

i have been using the app quite happily on my SurfacePro for a couple of weeks, it ran an update tonight and I now am getting this error 9903 whenever I try to watch anything. Can someone at Sky please help? There is clearly a bug in this new update? Can i roll back?

Researcher
Post 7 of 98

MacBook Pro user

OS = MacOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

I received the same error; but it disappared after 'force quitting' itunes. First downloaded 20 mins ago.

^thanks for the help upthread, I didn't realise itunes was so 'sensitive'

I can only suggest the original poster checks the OS version?

Runner
Post 8 of 98

same problem for me. Forced to download new version of app on my MacBook Pro tonight and now nothing works.

I'm using Sierra (not High Sierra)

Boom Operator
Post 9 of 98

I have downloaded a newer version of the App (3.2.0), and it is now working. I don't have iTunes or Quicktime running, but I didn't when it was giving the original error. No explanation from Sky at all......

Runner
Post 10 of 98

This is still and issue? requested to upadte the Sky Go app today. Did so. I'm using a MacBook Pro, running High Sierra  now everytime I attempt to watch anything I get _ 9903 error code stating that I am running some video capture software?   have no idea what this can be? I Have restarted  the machine with nothing else running and still get the error message. What's going on SKY?

Runner
Post 11 of 98

I am the same. I have got a MacBook Pro (High Sierra). Tried to watch seal team or any live TV and after forcing me to watch the adverts it then gives me this error when the program starts. I have no video capture software on my laptop and yet get this error message.

Boom Operator
Post 12 of 98

Well here we go again... my son actually works for Sky and I showed him the app working this morning, but he told me I am NOT using the latest version... so I deleted everything and re-downloaded the new version and....... exactly the same issue again.... This software is a piece of junk, and Sky need to get it fixed. I firmly belive the issue is with the CiscoVideoGuard elements, so Sky and Cisco need to get together and sort this out.

New Viewer
Post 13 of 98

am having the same issue. anyone else fixed it? sort it out sky, pay loads a month for this! the new sky go app is a joke

Runner
Post 14 of 98

What an absolute joke this is. Been sent to about every help service and no one can solve it. Spoke to a guy on the phone for about an hour then he just said, I can't fix it please wait and someone will call you back when we have solved the issue. That was 4 days ago. Embarrassing, sort it out Sky

Runner
Post 15 of 98

Try using Google Chrome. Same happened to me. Just can’t get audio to go via TV! 

Recommended Threads
11-04-2018 05:39 PM
27-04-2018 01:07 PM
18-03-2018 02:25 PM
02-04-2018 11:08 PM
24-04-2018 08:32 PM