Sky Go App Error Code 200

Answered
Go to Answer
Runner
Post 31 of 43

Re: Sky Go App Error Code 200

Yes, I've tried all the advice in this thread and many other threads on this forum.  It's ridiculous that you would even need to go into your time and date settings to get a video player app to work.  Especially a video player app that is needed to access content which is paid for (and paid quite a lot of money for!).  Why can't Sky have a service like iPlayer or All 4 which avoid these issues?

In the end, I followed the advice on this forum which seemed to do the trick, although whether it is a robust solution is another matter:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/SKY-SPORTS-ON-THE-GO-ERROR-CODE-200/td-p/3493897/pa...

Runner
Post 32 of 43

Here's the steps I took to fix this issue for me.

1) Changed the date/timezone settings on my mac. It was showingas North America so changed to Europe.

2) Logged in to mysky account and removed my mac under 'my devices'.

This then allowed me to watch what I wanted on sky player.

Researcher
Post 33 of 43

I have done this too, but it still doesn't work - i just get the error code every time. It's extremely frustrating.

Viewer
Post 34 of 43

Same issue. Infinite error 200 loop. It's not like this Sky stuff is cheap, right? Smiley Mad

Boom Operator
Post 35 of 43

All of a sudden I had the same problem again, even though I downloaded the new skygo player app 3 weeks ago where there was this error code checking for updates error 00002.   Now this error 200 out of the blue. what worked last time and this time again was simply uninstalling the skygo player on my mac, then reinstalling it and deleting all the sky cookies in the browser.   It seemed to have fixed it again.   But Sky.  YOU need to fix the issues with the sky go player!  We are paying a lot of money for our subscriptions. ~How can it be that it wasn't tested properly in the first place?

Researcher
Post 36 of 43

I have just tried to get sky go working on two separate mac book pros. No success for either.  Both have the time and date set as suggeted as earlier in the chain and Sliverlight is installed and available - though I understand that this should not be necessary any more.

This is utterly appalling service, especially when you compare it with how seamlessly and effortlessly Netflix works and at a fraction of the price.  Will I be staying with Sky, not unless they get their act together and realise that making it easy for people to use the things they advertise is important and that customers actually matter.

I have now spend two hours and go nowehere apart from developing a loathing of Sky!!!!

Runner
Post 37 of 43

The latest 200 error seems to be caused by trying to use the older software. Download it again, reinstall and it should work. Using Mac and Safari. 

Researcher
Post 38 of 43

Thanks it has worked, must be a new fix since the i downloaded it several times on the day of the original post and the old version would not get past the error.

Thanks again

New Viewer
Post 39 of 43

Yes, this advice initially did not work for me but tried removing all Sky Go Player related apps and downloaded software using Firefox and this time it worked.  Many thanks!

Runner
Post 40 of 43

Had this problem for a while ( Macbook, Safari and Chrome ) and I redownloaded the Sky Go App and reinstalled, looks like a big app update ( actually quite cool ) and it now works...

New Viewer
Post 41 of 43

I was having the sign in error 

New Viewer
Post 42 of 43

Hi Sky, 

I am guessing you don't have any desire to fix this issue from looking at this thread? 

I am experiencing the same issue and have have done for months. I work in software and i know this type of problem would not be acceptable if it had gone on as long as this, let alone just ignored. 

Viewer
Post 43 of 43

tried all the suggestions: time zone etc.

stuck in sign in loop.

was downloading V4    or V5 of the Skygo Player (will not work)

This worked:

searched for sky / sky go    and deleted all old versions including installer downloads, and anything I could find related to Sky go.

Emptied trash.

went to sky.com, went to watch TV, directed me to sky go download for mac.

downloaded , installed and signed in.

Looked very different to the old version, and it worked. (Version 1.0.19)

My auto time prefs and time zone are switched off (not sure if this makes a difference.)

Macbook Pro, running Yosemite. Watching via Firefox.

hope this helps

Recommended Threads
11-04-2018 05:39 PM
27-04-2018 01:07 PM
18-03-2018 02:25 PM
02-04-2018 11:08 PM
24-04-2018 08:32 PM