Sky Go App Error Code 200

Answered
Go to Answer
Runner
Post 16 of 43

Re: Sky Go App Error Code 200

Why has this awful desktop program still not been fixed. My time/date are correct and my silverlight plugged in, etc. Please fix asap. Seems an obvious error to still be present.

Viewer
Post 17 of 43

This needs to be removed as the 'answer' to this error. There are multiple people in this thread, including me, for whom this 'answer' does not work. I cannot believe that a company as big as Sky has let this error linger for as long as it has! I've been trying to sort this for months now!

Runner
Post 18 of 43

This new desktop player is utter rubbish.

I managed to watch one programme last week, now I'm stuck in this stupid loop. The date/time has nothing to do with it - all my settings are correct. It doesn't work for me on Mac or PC.

New Viewer
Post 19 of 43

I have the identical "death spiral" problem with the new Sky Go app. My time/date settings on my Mac are correct. Impossible to watch any live TV.  Why cant Sky fix this problem?  

New Viewer
Post 20 of 43

I cannot get my sky go to work on a mac or windows PC. All time and date settings are correct. Seems impossible to get any other advice from  sky than that. Seems terrible service. I cant understand how they cant seem to fix this bug that has clearly been going on for some time and is effecting so many customers. They dont even seem to reply to any one in this thread. Ill be cancelling my sky subscription 

Runner
Post 21 of 43

Re: Sky Go App Error Code 200 Error code: HEARTBEAT_EXCEEDED_MAXPLAYOUT

If you keep getting these error codes using Google Chrome/ Sky Go App, here is what you need to do.

Stop using Google Chrome.

Use Safari, download latest Silverlight update.

Go to Safari > Preferences > Security, Ensure Silverlight is turned on for the SkyGo website/ App.

Then use Safari, it might say you have used the maximum number of devices, remove your device and then add it again. It should now work in Safari.

I dont know why that is so hard, and why someone from Sky cant write this up/ fix it.

Runner
Post 22 of 43

I have just made this work.... go into preferences.... click security..... and turn on block popup windows....

and it now works....

hope this helps you all???

Researcher
Post 23 of 43

Tried all of this and still doesnt work. Was working a dream 2 hours ago!

Pathetic from sky!

Runner
Post 24 of 43

Hi.

I downloaded newest version of the app

http://www.skysports.com/videoplayer/instructions

installed and restarted the app.

The link worked from Safari but still getting error on Firefox. Previously both browsers didn't work so now at least 1 is working. I'll explore FF issues later and probably let you know what's tre solution.

New Viewer
Post 25 of 43

My time was running 10 minutes fast.  Changed this and now works fine.  

Andrew2309 wrote:

Hi,

Everything working fine until Thursday when I had a message to update my Sky Go Player app.  I have uploaded the latest Sky Go Player app on my MacBook Pro (running El Capitan). I'm using Safari (latest update) as my browser. When I try and play or download a programme on the Sky Go browser I get the message Error Code: 200 in the Sky Go Player screen and a message asking "Please sign in again on the website".  This process then continues on a loop and I cant see any other error code 200 issues on the website.  Any help is much appreciated.

Runner
Post 26 of 43

I've had the same problem, permanantly in a loop, using Chrome. Just tried in IE and works a treat.

Runner
Post 27 of 43

Error Code 200 is a pain in the butt SKY SORT OUT YOU RUBBISH PLAYER ITS OUT THE ARC>>> Mac user

Runner
Post 28 of 43

On Mac (v10.10.5) Yosemite, I changed my timezone settings to Apple's predetermined settings for Europe (I'm in the UK) and it seemed to work even though my time setting was pretty much correct before and zone was set by my current location. This has worked.

Runner
Post 29 of 43

This app is terrible, I get error code 200 every time I try to use it!  

Oracle
Post 30 of 43

@brendor

Have you looked at your time and date settings to make sure they are correct ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Recommended Threads
11-04-2018 05:39 PM
27-04-2018 01:07 PM
18-03-2018 02:25 PM
02-04-2018 11:08 PM
24-04-2018 08:32 PM