Mirroring / casting Sky Q

Oracle
Post 16 of 28

Re: Mirroring / casting Sky Q

JemmaNorbury wrote:

What if you don't have a laptop lol

Scud2012 wrote:

you can use Sky go on a laptop and then use HDMI to display on a TV, theres really no differance.  

You can use a games console

Annie Oracle since 2012 Customer since 1989 Beta Tester (Sky,Apple,Microsoft) I do not work for sky! FAQ for Sky+ Community Blog
Runner
Post 17 of 28

I think there would be a lot great if the just give everybody who pays for a full sky to have a free or maybe £5 a month Now TV as most have a TV or something like apple TV firestick or Smart TV that can sky this but don't have a SKY GO app but XBOX and PLAYSTATION do.

Runner
Post 18 of 28

So why can't I mirror films that I have purchased!!!

Runner
Post 19 of 28

That is rubbish!

Producer
Post 20 of 28

@GrumpyYetAgain

Mirroring/casting is blocked by all Sky app's on all platforms and it has been this way since day 1. It is all part of the content providers contracts with Sky and the other media providers in the UK.

Runner
Post 21 of 28

Ok, so why not provide a totally separate app to allow viewing and mirroring of purchased content?

Oracle
Post 22 of 28

GrumpyYetAgain wrote:

Ok, so why not provide a totally separate app to allow viewing and mirroring of purchased content?

Sky Store app is. Standalone app for viewing purchases. If you want to view on a separate screen, just get a Nowtv box for under £15 and view the purchases on that.

Oracle
Post 23 of 28

GrumpyYetAgain wrote:

When you purchased the item you purchased a license to watch the item, this license comes with some restrictions you can’t just do what you want with it

Annie Oracle since 2012 Customer since 1989 Beta Tester (Sky,Apple,Microsoft) I do not work for sky! FAQ for Sky+ Community Blog
Researcher
Post 24 of 28

As far as I am aware, and I’ve read on another thread here, You cannot view purchases between Sky store on SkY Q & Now tv’s Sky store. Even though it’s the exact same movie store, the ID’s are different to log in and there’s no way interchange them or sign in differently.

Executive Producer
Post 25 of 28

Can you not link the accounts like described here? Or am I misunderstanding that reply?

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Store/Sky-Store-Migration/td-p/2798083

Researcher
Post 26 of 28

I’ve tried this  to my interactive whiteboard at school wanted to show my class a recorded documentary but I cast from phone on which it was downloaded to my laptop using AirServer but then I get an HDMI not supported message?

Researcher
Post 27 of 28

@Sparkes66 wrote:

I’ve tried this  to my interactive whiteboard at school wanted to show my class a recorded documentary but I cast from phone on which it was downloaded to my laptop using AirServer but then I get an HDMI not supported message?

Sky blocks all forms of casting, even from downloaded content. If casting was possible people would just use Sky Go and cast whenever- without purchasing a proper sky q package

Researcher
Post 28 of 28

So is this just [removed] like the “compatible with all major browsers except Chrome” [removed], or would this be the same with other providers like BT & Virgin.  Ie a problem with drm and basic content delivery.  Seriously getting sick of paying sky 130+ a month and hitting these barriers to viewing the stuff I’m entitled to view on the equipment I own.

Moderator Note: Inappropriate language.

Recommended Threads