Issues with TV On Demand Content? Report here

Community Manager
Post 1 of 28

Issues with TV On Demand Content? Report here

Catch Up channels.jpgBox Sets & Catch Up TV: The Difference

It's very easy to mix up Catch Up TV and Box Sets. Check out our new blog Box Sets & Catch Up TV: The Difference to find out more.

On Demand expiry & deletion dates 

"Each month Sky Box Sets are updated, some are added some are removed. This means that Box Sets have an expiry date." Read more...

Issues with TV On Demand Content

If you are experiencing an issue with a particular show or programme when using On Demand please post a reply outlining the details below:

• Title of the show 
  • Series and episode number
  • Channel 
  • Box Sets ot Catch Up TV?
  • Your Sky Box type (e.g. Sky+ or Sky Q)
  • Screenshots 

These will help the relevant departments isolate and identify the issue faster.

Please be aware that:

• All content has an expiry date, so it's worth checking to see if the content has actually expired 
  • Once passed on, the reports submitted through this thread will be moved. You can still access the contents here.

How do we action your reports?

The reports are forwarded to the relevant departments and resolved as soon as possible

Thanks!

Kei
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
All Replies
Community Manager
Post 2 of 28

Re: Issues with TV On Demand Content? Report here

Hi all,

The following have been escalated:

• Grey's Anatomy S12 Box Set - download next episode doesn't work (Sky+HD)
  • Black-ish S3 Box Set missing episode 22 
  • Peppa Pig S4  and Baby Jake recordings issues
  • It's Not Rocket Science - S01 E04 (HD) corrupted asset

Thanks

Federica-C
Community Manager

Community Manager
Post 3 of 28

Morning all,

@mike777999, I've followed up with our OD team regarding Peppa Pig and Baby Jake. Sorry to hear the issues haven't been resolved... Smiley Frustrated

@ianpaul1, I've passed on your reports about FOX Catch Up and Save Me/Featured.

Thanks

Federica-C
Community Manager

Executive Producer
Post 4 of 28

Thanks. I got caught out by it the other day when I went to download Legion and was like ''I swear I've seen this already''. Checked back in catchup and noticed the date on it, and episode number, so had to search for it instead Smiley Happy

Community Manager
Post 5 of 28

Heads-up on Peppa Pig/Baby Jake.

The third-parties have informed that it's quite common for kids channels (e.g. Nick Jr., Cbeebies) to schedule their episodes in a non-sequential manner. This isn't ideal from the viewer perspective. However, since the content is there, there isn't much they can do to change the episode number ordering.

This is their final response. Quite disappointing, I know... 

If you'd like to chase this further, these are some of the channels you can use:

Nick Jr. Facebook 

Nick Jr. Twitter

Peppa Pig Twitter

Peppa Pig Facebook

BBC iPlayer Facebook

BBC form

Nick Jr. e-mail: letterbox@nickjr.co.uk and 

Federica-C
Community Manager

Researcher
Post 6 of 28

Hi @Federica-C, thanks for the feedback but that wasn’t the issue I reported. There’s a bug in how the meta data is causing the episodes to appear in Sky Q once downloaded:

- Peppa Pig Series 4 is showing as Series 4 before you download it, but it appears as Series 3 in the series selection menu once in your Recordings. It also appears separate to the actual Series 3. In the same way, Series 5 changes to Series 4 once downloaded. So instead of being able to filter episodes in your Recordings by Series 1,2,3,4, and 5, you instead see Series 1,2,3 (actually season 4),3,4 (actually season 5)

- Episode numbers are correct before you download both shows but change to the overall episode number once downloaded. For example Series 2 Episode 1 changes to Series 2 Episode 53 once in your Recordings. Clearly the correct meta data is in there somewhere as otherwise it wouldn’t have displayed correctly originally, but for some reason this isn’t displayed correctly once downloaded.

I understand what you’re saying about the content provider numbering episodes as they like, but both of these issues actually appear to be them uploading the shows with incorrect/inconsistent meta data OR there being a display bug in the Sky Q software. Surely this is something that should be investigated as this impacts the user experience?

New Viewer
Post 7 of 28

Title of the show - The Affiar 

• Series and episode number Series 2
  • Channel  - Sky Atlantiic
  • Your Sky Box type (e.g. Sky+ or Sky Q) Sky

if i have access to Sky Atlantic, why am I unable to catch up on past episodes/series? It says to watch this you'll need to upgrade or re-activate your subscription.

Every month I am receiving letters telling me that my bill is going up another £1 or £1.50, so already paying more than i initially agreed and I can't even access the channels I already have access to.

I am also paying for my parents Sky Bill and still the bills keep on going up and not getting any better service - this is getting ridiculous. Sky is good at giving new Customers good deals, but you aren't interested in keeping your current customers happy!!!

I would appreciate a reply - also seeing as I didn't get a reply to a letter I sent about 3 months ago

Thanks

Emma Topsfield

Runner
Post 8 of 28

I have downloaded several programmes that I can no longer view, they were deleted before long before the expiry date. I was downloading one at a time, but after the last episode was viewed the next episode did not download, when this was noticed all attempts to download again failed and can not be found on

The Good Karma Hospital - Season 2 - ITV Player

The Durrells - Season 3  - ITV Player

Versailles  - Season 1  - BBC I player

Please help you can ? 

Executive Producer
Post 9 of 28

The issue with Grey's Anatomy S12 not d/l the next episode is still happening, this is from Sky Living Channel within Box Sets. Meanwhile, even though I have d/l all of S2 of The  Young Ones, the next episode is being d/l, it isn't recognising that I already have it. Exactly the same thing is happening with Jon Richardson's Ultimate Worrier.

Sky+HD 2TB STB - 46" 3DLEDHDTV - 3D Blu ray player/HCS
Runner
Post 10 of 28

House

Sound issues

House

S5 Ep 13

Sky atlantic Box set

Sky+ box

There is an intermittant annoying sound/background music for this episode for no apparent reason.  I assume its an issue rather than as was broadcast originally.

Thanks

New Viewer
Post 11 of 28

Save me episodes 5 and 6 aren't availa le on demand. It's asking for an upgrade? All earlier episodes are available 

Oracle
Post 12 of 28

Save Me is part of Sky Boxsets so if it asking you to upgrade then it is probably because you don't subscribe to the Boxset package so you would need to upgrade before getting access to these episodes.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Community Manager
Post 13 of 28

@Sweetiekins wrote:

Title of the show - The Affiar 

• Series and episode number Series 2
  • Channel  - Sky Atlantiic
  • Your Sky Box type (e.g. Sky+ or Sky Q) Sky

if i have access to Sky Atlantic, why am I unable to catch up on past episodes/series? It says to watch this you'll need to upgrade or re-activate your subscription.

Every month I am receiving letters telling me that my bill is going up another £1 or £1.50, so already paying more than i initially agreed and I can't even access the channels I already have access to.

I am also paying for my parents Sky Bill and still the bills keep on going up and not getting any better service - this is getting ridiculous. Sky is good at giving new Customers good deals, but you aren't interested in keeping your current customers happy!!!

I would appreciate a reply - also seeing as I didn't get a reply to a letter I sent about 3 months ago

Thanks

Emma Topsfield

Hi Emma,

The Affair is only available on Box Sets at the moment and this probably why you're receiving that message. 

Federica-C
Community Manager

Community Manager
Post 14 of 28

@Pilates+17 wrote:

I have downloaded several programmes that I can no longer view, they were deleted before long before the expiry date. I was downloading one at a time, but after the last episode was viewed the next episode did not download, when this was noticed all attempts to download again failed and can not be found on

The Good Karma Hospital - Season 2 - ITV Player

The Durrells - Season 3  - ITV Player

Versailles  - Season 1  - BBC I player

Please help you can ? 

Hi @Pilates+17,

It sounds like a capacity issue. Did you check that you have enough space left on your box? 

If you can provide the Series/episodes number I'll try to replicate this. Also, is your box a Sky+HD or a Sky Q one?

Thanks,

Federica-C
Community Manager

Highlighted
Community Manager
Post 15 of 28

Re: House

@geostationary wrote:

Sound issues

House

S5 Ep 13

Sky atlantic Box set

Sky+ box

There is an intermittant annoying sound/background music for this episode for no apparent reason.  I assume its an issue rather than as was broadcast originally.

Thanks

Hi @geostationary,

I've downloaded the episode and can hear the distorted music from the intro up to 5 minutes. This has been now passed on for investigation. Thanks for flagging.

Federica-C
Community Manager

Recommended Threads
Oracle 01-05-2018 08:25 PM
Oracle 09-02-2018 06:54 PM
Oracle 25-04-2018 12:19 AM
Oracle 4 weeks ago 05:01 PM
Oracle 01-01-2018 09:58 AM