Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

On Demand & Catch Up TV
On Demand gives you control to create your own TV Schedule at a time that suits you. Whether you need help to get connected or advice on how to get the most from On Demand.
Visitor
MoodyP

Problems with Wireless Connector Mini

I have recently got a Wireless Connector MINI to replace my existing Wireless connector as it does not require plugging in at the mains.

I have followed the Wireless Connector MINI installation instructions but with no success.

When I switch on the HD box at the mains, the power light flashes on the Wireless Connector MINI for a fraction of a second before it goes off and then never comes back on again.

My HD box version begins 4F31 so it should work.

I have tried restoring the software onto the Sky box but that didn't work. I havent performed a front panel reset as I dont want to lose all my recorded programmes.

The Wireless Connector MINI is brand new so I don't think there can be a problem with it.

I assume it may be to do with the fact I have previously been using the standard Wireless Connector and now my Sky HD box won't recognise the new MINI Connector for some reason.

Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions? Many Thanks in advance.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: Problems with Wireless Connector Mini

Have you tried a planner rebuild:

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-HD-Recording-Playback/Sky-HD-System-Fault/ta-p/583396

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visitor
MoodyP

Thanks for the reply.

Just tried that and sadly no it didn't solve the problem.

To clarify, in case it wasn't made clear in my initial post, my brand new Wireless Connector MINI does not power up and will not install on my compatible Sky+HD box despite following the installation instructions to the letter.

Any other suggestions appreciated!

Occasional Visitor
gdjames

Hi there

I'm having exactly the same issues. Did you ever resolve this or should I just resort to buying a wifi bridge?

Thanks

Super User
caesarome

MoodyP wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

Just tried that and sadly no it didn't solve the problem.

To clarify, in case it wasn't made clear in my initial post, my brand new Wireless Connector MINI does not power up and will not install on my compatible Sky+HD box despite following the installation instructions to the letter.

Any other suggestions appreciated!

I had this issue when I tried to set mine up, I managed to get mine working by rebooting the Sky box at the mains.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Visitor
MoodyP

Rebooting at the mains was the first thing I tried obviously and no that didn't work as mentioned in my original post.

gdjames no I never got this sorted so I just gave in and went back to using the standard wireless connector. Shame nobody at Sky could offer an explanation or solution.
Community Coordinator
Wakas-I

Hi MoodyP,

Thanks for your post.

Can I ask you to try turning off your router, sky box and wifi connector.

Power them back up in that order. 

Reset your network connection by pressing Services on your remote and then going to Settings (press select) > Network (press select) > Press the Red button

Let us know how you get on with this.

Kind regards,

Wakas
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
gdjames

Right, got mine working

I had to full factory reset my box, then force a software update. Once I did this the box's USB recognised that something was connected, and then it all worked. So without the new software it wouldn't power it which is why is just flashes once when I turned on the sky box at the mains.