Text message from Sky

Answered
Go to Answer
Highlighted
New Viewer
Post 1 of 9

Text message from Sky

I received the following text from Sky but not sure if it's genuine: as an existing Sky customer we can offer you the chance to reduce your monthly cost whilst keeping your current package. Reply YES for a call back.
Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Runner
Post 8 of 9

Re: Text message from Sky

Confirmed by SKY as a phishing text

All Replies
New Viewer
Post 2 of 9

I got this as well. Looks really suspicious. I checked the number on line and several sites/forums have this number listed as nuisance calls. They will use various different messages in an attempt to get a response and then basically just bombard with nonsense offers etc..

Runner
Post 3 of 9

I received this too - I think it is suspicious...

Oracle
Post 4 of 9

You could always try calling Sky back on one of their official, publicised numbers.

Runner
Post 5 of 9

I feel that Sazzi's respnse is evidence enough that they are phising texts.

Oracle
Post 6 of 9

With regard to people on online forums/sites listing the number as nuisance calls - that doesn't necessarily mean that it is.

I use an app called Truecaller on my Android phone which allows people to report numbers as nuisance/spam and this is then shared with all users. I've found official phone numbers for Sky, Three, BT, Virgin and many others all reported as nuisance or spam simply because people get fed up with calls from them and want to block them - I actually had to whitelist Sky's numbers so they could contact me when I had an issue last year!

All I'm saying is, just because people feel the calls are annoying or unwanted doesn't automatically make the number a dodgy, phishing one.

KingfisherUKSky Q 2TB & Virgin Vivid 200  Volunteer Beta Tester  Community Oracle
Oracle
Post 7 of 9

I've seen other numbers reported as suspicious which I know from personal experience aren't. But whether or not they're listed as 'nuisance' or 'suspicious' is irrelevant anyway if you make the call on an official number you've obtained for yourself. If you're interested in the possibility of a good deal, that is. 

Answer
Runner
Post 8 of 9

Confirmed by SKY as a phishing text

Runner
Post 9 of 9

Took me a few attempts to find this but so grateful that I have. My husband received this text today. Thank goodness he knows to check with me first! Thank you forum and the people who use it!
Recommended Threads