SPAM or HAM: Sky research prize draw

Managing Editor
Post 1 of 4

SPAM or HAM: Sky research prize draw

Just received a mail entitled "Sky research prize draw - share your opinion for the chance to win £500" from "Sky" <sky@euro.confirmit.com>

I was Just wondering if this was an official Sky mail or just SPAM?

The survey link takes you to a page on survey.euro.confirmit.com

SkyQ 2TB 2160P 10Bit - Samsung UE40JU6400
Q Mini 1080p - Samsung LE40A656
All wireless connection, Box Sets Bundle with Sky Cinema and Sky Sports. BT Home Hub 6 with 52Mb fibre.
All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 4

Re: SPAM or HAM: Sky research prize draw

I cant say for certain but based on that email address I would say it is dubious at best.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Managing Editor
Post 3 of 4

Thanks @caesarome, It does look fishy.

Although with Sky using multiple domains for their communications it's hard to keep track. All the Sky newsletters come from sky@email.contact.sky and all the links in those mails are to newsletter.contact.sky.

The other strange thing is the e-mail alias the message was sent to is only used for Sky, I literally have nothing else in that e-mail inbox other than Sky account and forum related mails, and I have never received any spam of any kind to the address, so it would be a big coincidence that the first and only spam message I get is for the one thing I use the address for.

Looking a bit deeper it's something to do with www.redblue.co.uk market research. Would be good to get someone from Sky to confirm if it's legit though.

SkyQ 2TB 2160P 10Bit - Samsung UE40JU6400
Q Mini 1080p - Samsung LE40A656
All wireless connection, Box Sets Bundle with Sky Cinema and Sky Sports. BT Home Hub 6 with 52Mb fibre.
Community Manager
Post 4 of 4

Thanks for reporting this @manualoverride, I've forwarded it to our investigations department.

Federica-C
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Recommended Threads