Really dont like the new sky page layout

Answered
Go to Answer
Highlighted
Sound Designer
Post 1 of 11

Really dont like the new sky page layout

For some reason , the layout of the discussions board has changed , and as usual  it hasnt changed for the best .. its now really hard to find anything and because everythings BIGGER you are forced to scroll more Smiley Frustrated

Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Oracle
Post 2 of 11

Re: Really dont like the new sky page layout

Janet38 wrote:

For some reason , the layout of the discussions board has changed , and as usual  it hasnt changed for the best .. its now really hard to find anything and because everythings BIGGER you are forced to scroll more Smiley Frustrated

Hi @Janet38 if you go into my setting>my profile and then scroll to bottom of page and where it says Discussion Area Layout, select traditional. That will then give you the traditional look. Then select discussions at the top of the page to change the look.

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.
All Replies
Answer
Oracle
Post 2 of 11

Janet38 wrote:

Hi @Janet38 if you go into my setting>my profile and then scroll to bottom of page and where it says Discussion Area Layout, select traditional. That will then give you the traditional look. Then select discussions at the top of the page to change the look.

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.
Sound Designer
Post 3 of 11

Thats awesome .  Many thanks .

Sound Supervisor
Post 4 of 11

Hi Dazzasky & Janet38,

I was of the same mind as Janet38 and thought the Community page had changed for the worst.

Like Janet38 I seemed to be having to go through to many pages to get to where I wanted to be plus I was lost because most of the subjects did not have a date - all very well putting yesterday or days ago but not much help??

I would like to say  Thank you Janet 38 for asking the question I would have asked and Thank you to Dazzasky for the answer, I now have a much better layout of all the Community pages.

Sound Designer
Post 5 of 11

White+Angel wrote:

Hi Dazzasky & Janet38,

I was of the same mind as Janet38 and thought the Community page had changed for the worst.

Like Janet38 I seemed to be having to go through to many pages to get to where I wanted to be plus I was lost because most of the subjects did not have a date - all very well putting yesterday or days ago but not much help??

I would like to say  Thank you Janet 38 for asking the question I would have asked and Thank you to Dazzasky for the answer, I now have a much better layout of all the Community pages.

And thank you for being so kind .    I still find the new pages very clunky and slow compared to how it was and much more difficult to navigate even after the changes i made in settings .  It seems to be all geared up for mobile and pc users seem to have been forgotten .  Also its all still really big on screen .

Oracle
Post 6 of 11

The reason it is more geared to mobile/tablet is because this is becoming the more dominant way people access forums etc… 

DRX895 (4f3151) - Logitech Z-5500 - ASUS VG278HV 27" - EPG Tester (NDA)DRX890 (4f3108) - LG 32LV550T 32" • Boxsets Bundle • MultiScreen • VIP Black ★ • iPad Pro 12.9" - iOS 10.3.3Xbox One - Alpha Tester - Gamertag:Annie UK • BT Infinity 2 • YouView HD • Lumia 1520 
Sky Customer - Tech Geek - Gamer - Web Designer - Computer Programmer
Sound Designer
Post 7 of 11

Annie+UK wrote:

The reason it is more geared to mobile/tablet is because this is becoming the more dominant way people access forums etc… 

Hi Annie

Well luckliy i have a Tablet and phone to access it as well , but i pity the poor people who dont .  Its awful on PC .

Oracle
Post 8 of 11

I would not say it was awful, when testing I could not see much difference between PC and my iPad, anything I did see I reported and it got fixed.

DRX895 (4f3151) - Logitech Z-5500 - ASUS VG278HV 27" - EPG Tester (NDA)DRX890 (4f3108) - LG 32LV550T 32" • Boxsets Bundle • MultiScreen • VIP Black ★ • iPad Pro 12.9" - iOS 10.3.3Xbox One - Alpha Tester - Gamertag:Annie UK • BT Infinity 2 • YouView HD • Lumia 1520 
Sound Designer
Post 9 of 11

Its the size of everything that's really bad, scroll scroll scroll to see anything .  Just two posts nearly fill a page on a 27 inch monitor , lol 

Capture.JPG

Camera Assistant
Post 10 of 11

Annie+UK wrote:

Complete nonsense... Forums are being destroyed left right and centre  by this obsession for garish webpages... Fine if you are a retailer trying to sell a product  but completely useless on a website supposedly for finding and giving information . It should be compact.. clickable .... and easy to get to where you want to go.

The complete opposite of this site.

Oracle
Post 11 of 11

casjen1 wrote:

Annie+UK wrote:

Complete nonsense... Forums are being destroyed left right and centre  by this obsession for garish webpages... Fine if you are a retailer trying to sell a product  but completely useless on a website supposedly for finding and giving information . It should be compact.. clickable .... and easy to get to where you want to go.

The complete opposite of this site.

It is not nonsense as I have access to the stats, do you?

Recommended Threads
03-04-2017 11:50 AM
27-01-2017 02:58 PM
Monday 09:40 PM
Bootyfull13 07-04-2017 02:50 AM
a month ago 10:51 PM