Let's Talk About Movies

Oracle
Post 91 of 95

Re: Let's Talk About Movies

LA LA LAND

Saw this on the big screen today & absolutely loved it from the beginning to the very clever ending. This is the film  that needs the old axiom " They don't make 'em like that anymore ", attached to it. Wonderfully evocative of the old style musicals but firmly set in the present with wonderful performances from Ryan Gosling & Emma Stone. I'm guessing this probably won't be to everyone's taste, but if you fancy being carried away for a couple of hours to another land, then La La Land is the place to go.

1.jpg

Sky+HD 2TB STB - 46" 3DLEDHDTV - 3D Blu ray player/HCS
Oracle
Post 92 of 95

CHOOSE A CINEMA

CHOOSE A MATE TO GO WITH

CHOOSE YOUR SEATS

CHOOSE YOUR POPCORN

CHOOSE YOUR FIZZY DRINK

AND ON 27/1/17 CHOOSE

1-Sheet-T2-Trainspotting.jpg

Oracle
Post 93 of 95

Chose a cinema - Premiere Cinema Cardiff - All films £4, all day, every day.

Chose a mate to go with - my gf.

Chose our seats - Quite literally, no allocated seating here.

Chose our popcorn - Not! If you were offered polystyrene with hot butter sauce you wouldn't eat it, so why eat popcorn?

Chose a fizzy drink - Bottle of Dr Pepper as it goes.

Chose a great film? Definitely.

Danny Boyle & John Hodge ( director & screenwriter ) have done a brilliant job of bringing back those lovable rogues from Trainspotting for their further adventures 20 years later. Had a big smile on my face nearly all the way through T2 Trainspotting ( apart from a scene with Spud which put a very different look on my face ). Absolutely loved this, one of those rare treats, a sequel that's as good as the original. Speaking of which, there's quite a few nods to the first Trainspotting, which was nice.

Whilst it follows the gist of the source material by Irvine Welsh from his book P*rn* ( don't think the spam filter will allow me to name it in full ) it is also very different. One main difference being the film is set 20 years later, the book is only 10. So, if you see the film but also want to experience a different version of events, I can thouroughly recommend the book ( & the film ).

Community Manager
Post 94 of 95

Logan

Did you know about this????!

A must see!!! It's out in the UK the 1st March!

Federica-C
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Community Manager
Post 95 of 95

Re: Logan

Federica-C wrote:

Did you know about this????!

A must see!!! It's out in the UK the 1st March!

I watched it. And I am sooo sad. I knew it would happen sooner or later... But not now! And not like that!!!

Federica-C
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers