Let's Talk About Movies

Sound Supervisor
Post 75 of 95

Re: ASSASSIN'S CREED the movie

You playing it on PS4? or XBOX ONE. Smiley Happy I do think the PS4 version is smoother if I'm honest, my ONE has poor frame rates (FPS per second) feels like 24 FPS on ONE and 30 on PS4.
Sky Q 1TB + Mini x1, Sky Fibre, Talk Anytime Extra. Xbox One S. iPhone 6s Plus Silver. iPad Air 2 Silver. SONY BRAVIA - KDL43WD754BU. Three Mobile - Sim only. Sky Cinema, Box-Sets and Sports.
Community Manager
Post 76 of 95

Re: Samara returns....

Smiley LOL

Federica-C
Community Manager

Watch the best live coverage of your favourite sports: Find Out More

Community Manager
Post 77 of 95

I'm playing on PS4, the resolution is good, I can't complain Smiley Happy

Federica-C
Community Manager

Sound Supervisor
Post 78 of 95

How you liking it so far? Most importantly are you going for the platinum? It's not too difficult to obtain, just requires patience as there's a grinding trophy in the list where you have to knock over 5000 environmental items with a carriage.

Nice to know you're enjoying it regardless. Smiley Wink

Sky Q 1TB + Mini x1, Sky Fibre, Talk Anytime Extra. Xbox One S. iPhone 6s Plus Silver. iPad Air 2 Silver. SONY BRAVIA - KDL43WD754BU. Three Mobile - Sim only. Sky Cinema, Box-Sets and Sports.
Community Manager
Post 79 of 95

Ryan Gosling's 1st-Ever BAFTA Nomination

Ryan Gosling starring in a musical?! It reminds of his old days with Disney... Also, are we sure about the set chemistry between him and Emma Stone? They paired up before in Crazy, Stupid, Love and it wasn't that great... Perhaps it wasn't them, but the script... Anyway!

Ryan's work has been largely recognised by the Academy Awards, Golden Globes, Screen Actors Guild Awards, Independent Spirit Awards and bla bla bla....  But he's still missing a key award on his trophy shelf.

So, now, thanks to La La Land, that empty space on the shelf could soon be filled... As he landed a BAFTA's best actor nomination!

We have no choice... When is La La Land coming out? Smiley Very Happy

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

Federica-C
Community Manager

Community Manager
Post 80 of 95

I like it every episode more! Yesterday I jumped from rooftop to rooftop in Whitechapel, bumped against Charles Dickens Smiley Very Happy and rode a carriage, just like you anticipated! I'm very bad at it, have to learn how to steer... What are the levels? Is platinum the top one?

Federica-C
Community Manager

Sound Supervisor
Post 81 of 95

Platinium is rewarded for unlocking all trophies for a game. Basically those trophy icons on your psn profile. If you click the trophy icon on the XBM, you can see your played games, if you click syndicate, you will see all the challenges you can do to unlock each Bronze, Silver and Gold trophy on that list. It gives you an excuse to continue playing after finishing the main story, not just with syndicate but all games with trophy support. Addicting and fun. Smiley Wink

This will explain the trophy system for the PS4 in detail, there is also other videos that you can find but this should cover basic info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0Z-DNiDxn4

Community Manager
Post 82 of 95

Manchester by the sea

According to Anothermag.com "Casey Affleck gives the performance of a lifetime." I don't remember having ever seen him on the big screen... Do you? 

The trailer looks intriguing. Just saw the movie is on at the Vue, together with Casey's brother Ben new work "Live By The Night,"  which poster shows Ben Affleck in the pose of a gangster. (didn't even bother to read what's about) Smiley Very Happy 

Here's Vue's synopsis for Manchester by the sea: "An uncle is forced to take care of his teenage nephew after the boy's father dies "  Smiley Sad

Far too sad for a Friday night, when the only thing one wants is to stop thinking.  Smiley LOL Does anybody plan to watch it tonight? 

Federica-C
Community Manager

Oracle
Post 83 of 95

Re: Manchester by the sea

Casey Affleck has been in loads of things; the Ocean's trilogy for starters, he was excellent in Triple 9 as well.

KingfisherUKSky Q 2TB & Virgin Vivid 200  Volunteer Beta Tester  Community Oracle
Oracle
Post 84 of 95

Re: Manchester by the sea

Gone Baby Gone is another good one that Casey is in, it's directed by brother Ben. Apparently he's been making films since 1988 when he became a teenager. MBTS has had a lot of awards buzz around it.

Sky+HD 2TB STB - 46" 3DLEDHDTV - 3D Blu ray player/HCS
Oracle
Post 86 of 95

Re: Let's Talk About Movies

THE BEGUILED

Here's a film I'm excited about, so much going for it. The cast: My two favourite actresses, Kirsten Dunst & Nicole Kidman, one new favourite actress, Elle Fanning & a favourite actor, Colin Farrell. The director: The talented Sofia Coppola who has already worked with Kirsten Dunst on The Virgin Suicides & Marie Antoinette, & with Elle Fanning on Somewhere, she has also written the screenplay for this version of The Beguiled. It is a remake of the relatively little known Clint Eastwood film of the same name from 1971.

The story: During the middle of the American Civil War in 1863, injured Union soldier John McBurney ( CF ) is rescued from the verge of death by twelve-year-old Amy, a student at an all-girl boarding school in rural Mississippi, the Miss Martha Farnsworth ( NK ) Seminary for Young Ladies. The eponymous headmistress reluctantly agrees to take him in until he has built up his health, under the condition that he is locked in the music room and kept under watch. Edwina ( KD ), the schoolteacher, takes an immediate liking to John, as does Carol ( EF ), a teenage student.

Due for release this Summer. See teaser trailer here.

Community Manager
Post 87 of 95

Look at Elle Fanning! I saw her the other day in one of the episodes of Criminal Minds S2, dated like hundred years ago, where she was only 8! I was kind of shocked at first, because I thought the series was more recent. So, I though it was just a young actress who resembled Elle a lot Smiley LOL Then, I checked the date... 2006. Has  sis Dakota retired BTW?

Federica-C
Community Manager

Oracle
Post 88 of 95

@Federica-C Dakota Fanning, now 22, is still working, she had 4 films out last year, she's due to be part of Ocean's Eight, the female version of Ocean's Eleven, & she's coming to TV with a new series called The Alienist. This is a period murder mystery ( not supernatural, despite the title ) set in 1896 & based on a really good book that I read quite some time ago by Caleb Carr.

Don't know if you noticed but the three actresses mentioned in The Beguiled are all successful child actresses.

Community Manager
Post 89 of 95

They are indeed. Nicole was older than the others when she started out. This is her at 16.

Federica-C
Community Manager

Community Manager
Post 90 of 95

How do you like Chips?

Forget about the fries... Smiley Very Happy I'm talking about California highway patrol motorcycle officers Jon Baker and Frank Poncherello! 

They were my favourites heroes, after Baywatch Mitch Buchannon of course,  and Walker, Texas Ranger. Smiley LOL  And the news is they're returning on the big screen this year, to investigate police corruption in California... See for yourself.

The cast includes Vincent D'Onofrio (Law & Order), Kristen Bell (House of Lies), Jane Kaczmarek (Malcom's mum) and Maya Rudolph (Brides Maids).

Federica-C
Community Manager