Let's Talk About Movies

Community Manager
Post 30 of 95

Michelle Williams to Star as Janis Joplin

Janis Joplin:Michelle Williams

Michelle Williams is in early talks to star as Janis Joplin in Sean Durkin’s (writer/director of Martha Marcy May Marlene biopic centering on the 1960s rock icon.

According to the online magazine Hollywood Reporter, Hollywood studios have been trying to make a Joplin biopic for at least a couple of decades and there are competing projects in development. 

Love, Janis book cover

Durkin’s project, titled Janis, is based on the Love, Janis book written by the late singer's sister, Laura Joplin, which used Janis’ letters to family and friends to tell the story of Janis dealing with sudden fame and celebrity while combating alcohol and heroin addiction and trying to keep her creativity.

I've followed Michelle Williams since the time of Dawson's Creek and I've never been disappointed by her performances. She's a brilliant actress and I can't wait to see her playing this challenging role!

Source: The Hollywood Reporter.

Federica-C
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Community Manager
Post 31 of 95

Blair Witch 2 is out

Don't know about you guys, but I feel as thrilled as I did the last time they announced a new Saw movieThe trailer alone is chilling...

Will you watch it?

Federica-C
Community Manager

Camera Assistant
Post 32 of 95

Re: Blair Witch 2 is out

Spooky. 👻👻👻

Oracle
Post 33 of 95

Re: Blair Witch 2 is out

The original Blair Witch movie is one of my all time favourites and its a must see for all horror fans.

The trailer for this looks great, i just hope its a better sequal than Blair Witch book of Shadows was because that was very disapointing .

And to answer the question yes i will be going to watch it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oracles are not Sky employees, we are just customers and will not be able to assist with account or billing issues.
Community Manager
Post 34 of 95

Natalie Portman plays Jakie Kennedy

Oh, look who's back!

Natalie Portman plays Jacqueline Kennedy in the new Pablo Larrain's movie, to be released in the US cinemas on 2 December. 

Natalie Portman in "Jakie"

Following the assassination of her husband, First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy fights through grief and trauma to regain her faith, console her children, and define her husband's historic legacy.

This is the questioned posed by  one of The Independent's headings this month: "Jackie Trailer: Is Natalie Portman headed towards Oscar glory?"

I'd say yes. 

Federica-C
Community Manager

Community Manager
Post 35 of 95

Re: She's coming back...with a baby

Alright, I went to the movies yesterday, and there's only one thing I want to say

Spoiler
Bridget and Mark Darcy TOGETHER FOREVER AGAAAAAIN!!!!!!!!! YUPPIII!!!!!!!! HeartHeartHeart And I cried for the first time since Dumbo

Fire and ice, this love is like fire and ice, this love is like rain and blue skies, this love is like sun on the rise, this love got me rolling the dice. Don't let me lose, STILL FALLING FOR YOU..... (it's just stuck in my head!!)

Federica-C
Community Manager

Community Manager
Post 36 of 95

J. Depp's secret role in Rowling’s sequel

Johnny Depp is joining the cast of upcoming “Harry Potter” spinoff  Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Themdirected by David Yates and with Eddie Redmayne (The Danish Girl) in the lead role of Newt Scamander.

The film is set in 1926 with Scamander arriving in New York as part of a global excursion to research and rescue magical creatures — including some hidden in his briefcase. Chaos strikes when some of the creatures are inadvertently let loose. Here's the trailer.

AlthoughWarner Bros. didn't reveal the role Johnny Depp will play,  I can easily picture him in the shoes of a leading bizzarre character Smiley Happy Can you?

Source: Variety.

Federica-C
Community Manager

Retired Staff Member
Post 37 of 95

Re: J. Depp's secret role in Rowling’s sequel

If correct I think he would be a villain in the next installment of fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them

Angela-W
Community Manager

Boom Operator
Post 38 of 95

Re: J. Depp's secret role in Rowling’s sequel

Credited on IMDB as being in the 2nd movie.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000136/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Community Manager
Post 39 of 95

'Ghost in the Shell' Sneak Peek

Scarlett Johansson plays the role of a cyborg that leads an elite task force to battle dangerous criminals and extremists... To be released in March 2017...

Federica-C
Community Manager

Community Manager
Post 40 of 95

First trailer for live-action Beauty and the Beast

Tale as old as time
True as it can be
Barely even friends
Then somebody bends
Unexpectedly....

One of my favourite Disney's movies!!!

Federica-C
Community Manager

Retired Staff Member
Post 41 of 95

Re: First trailer for live-action Beauty and the Beast

Looking forward to seeing this next year. 

Angela-W
Community Manager

Community Manager
Post 42 of 95

De Niro 'The Comedian'

De Niro is coming back to the big screen as a comedian, again.

In the 1983's drama The King of Comedy, directed by Martin Scorsese, De Niro played the role of an aspiring comedian, Rupert Pupkin, attempting to achieve success in the show business by stalking his idol. 

It'll be interesting to see him in this new,  comic version...

Federica-C
Community Manager

Oracle
Post 43 of 95

Re: De Niro 'The Comedian'

@Federica-C That's quite the cast, great to see DeNiro & Harvey Keitel on screen together again, like the sound of this one.

As for The King Of Comedy, what a film, absolutely love it. Even with the likes of Taxi Driver & Raging Bull, both brilliant in their own right, I think TKOC is my favourite Scorsese/DeNiro collaboration, & what a performance from Jerry Lewis, completely against type. Remarkably the story is more relevant now than ever, this film was way ahead of its time.

Sky+HD 2TB STB - 46" 3DLEDHDTV - 3D Blu ray player/HCS
Community Manager
Post 44 of 95

Golden Globe 2017 Nominations

Guess who will host next year's Awards?!

Federica-C
Community Manager