Let's Talk About Movies

Community Manager
Post 15 of 95

Re: New Star Wars Ep VII Trailer

I'm sure that the Disney store will manage to find room, they'll certainly be taking some of my money.

I think the only way of looking at them is by splitting them into 3 separate trilogies which, i don't think anyone will disagree that Ep 1, 2 and 3 could've been better (much better). 4, 5 and 6 will always be the best but perhaps with a combination of spin offs which tell the back story of the originals the new ones could be genuinely enjoyable. Personally i want to see a Boba Fett movie, for such a great character i felt he had a rubbish death scene.

Mark
Community Manager

Watch the best live coverage of your favourite sports: Find Out More

We're giving you the chance to win great Walking Dead & sports prizes every week in the Sky Community.
Oracle
Post 16 of 95

@Mark-Br That's certainly one way of looking at it, but it wasn't George Lucas' plan. His idea was to start with SW in 1977 ( so this was before it became No.4 - A New Hope ) & then have a complete 9 film story arc to be completed by 1999. Well, we all know how that turned out. It never happened because George waited for technology to catch up with his vision for the films & the tech took longer than he thought it would.

As for a BF movie, check this.

Sky+HD 2TB STB - 46" 3DLEDHDTV - 3D Blu ray player/HCS
Community Manager
Post 17 of 95

This would be amazing. They could even bring Yoda back.
@merv60 What spin-offs/anthology movies would you want to see?

Mark
Community Manager

We're giving you the chance to win great Walking Dead & sports prizes every week in the Sky Community.
Oracle
Post 18 of 95

@Mark-Br  Sorry, but not really into the whole spin - off & anthology culture. There's a few anthologies I've liked in the past & a lot that should have stopped after number 2 or 3, but I've written about this elsewhere on here recently. Star Wars, Star Trek & the Marvel universe are not for me.

As for spin - offs, they're even worse as it shows up the complete lack of imagination in Hollywood these days. Give me an original story any day.

Community Manager
Post 19 of 95

yeah i can't argue with an overwhelming number of remakes or taking existing stories and turning them into movies.
I can't see that changing whilst these movies top the box office almost without fail.

I know it was a tv show but Frasier was a spin off from Cheers and that was a great show with plenty of original storylines. I would hold that as a shining light of what can be achieved if done the right way.
I recognise that shows like Joey, a spinoff from "Friends", were less successful.

Poking around online it looks like as well as Rogue One and Boba Fett they may also do a Han Solo origin movie. I would be a little worried about that last one and is a big risk.

Mark
Community Manager

Community Manager
Post 20 of 95

Excited for 'Star Wars The Force Awakens'?

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Who's excited for tonight?! I am!!! I couldnt get tickets for midnight release which is rather sad but I have tickets booked for friday!! Woohoo! 

So I want to know what all of you are all most excited about for the release tonight Smiley Very Happy

P.S. I made the above hat for a star wars party at the weekend but im not sure if I should wear it to the cinema when I go. What do you think?

Sasha
Community Manager

Oracle
Post 21 of 95

Re: Excited for 'Star Wars The Force Awakens'?

Couldn't justify taking my 13 year-old to the midnight showing, got tickets for tomorrow night in IMAX though Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Haven't been this excited about a film for a very long time. Yes, I always look forward to Marvel, DC and Star Trek, but this one has me properly giddy......

KingfisherUKSky Q 2TB & Virgin Vivid 200  Volunteer Beta Tester  Community Oracle
Community Manager
Post 22 of 95

Me too! I'm like a kid the night before going on holiday Smiley Tongue Just cant wait Smiley Tongue @KingfisherUK

Sasha
Community Manager

Community Manager
Post 23 of 95

i think it is safe to say i have almost been gagged due to the amount i have been talking about this film.

I must say that Sasha's homemade tie fighter hat is truely impressive and did leave me speechless for a while.

The moment the music kicks in and the writing starts to scroll up the screen i will have a huge smile across my face. 

Mark
Community Manager

Oracle
Post 24 of 95

@Sasha-D Wouldn't want to be the person sitting behind you if you do wear it. Smiley Tongue

Community Manager
Post 25 of 95

Hahahaha @merv60 someone might try and pull some 'Tie'QuanDo on me! *Badum dum tsss*

Sasha
Community Manager

Oracle
Post 26 of 95

Thanks to the ridiculous decision by someone to release The Peanuts Movie the same week as SW, we now can't see the 3D version that we were really looking forward to. We have 4 3D screens at our local Vue & all of them are being used for SW. I don't even want to see SW. Not happy. Smiley Frustrated

And after some searching about I see it's not showing in 3D at Vue, Cineworld or Odeon in Cardiff ( my next local ) either. As Charlie Brown would say, " Good grief ".

Community Manager
Post 27 of 95

Awwww that sucks :/ I used to be a big fan of 3D until I got glasses but I'm thinking of buying reald 3d Prescription clip on glasses Smiley Tongue

Sasha
Community Manager

Oracle
Post 28 of 95

@Sasha-D

Good excuse to go IMAX.

Those glasses are big enough to go over your prescription ones Smiley Wink

KingfisherUKSky Q 2TB & Virgin Vivid 200  Volunteer Beta Tester  Community Oracle
Community Manager
Post 29 of 95

She's coming back...with a baby

Pin this date in your calendar: 16 September. 

She's coming back...but not alone this time!!!!!

Who likes Bridget Jones?

Federica-C
Community Manager