Packet loss??!

Researcher
Post 1 of 12

Packet loss??!

Hi all,

been having issues with fibre for a while

now. Each time I call I get told that there’s nothing wrong with the time. Seems like I’m getting high packet loss and my internet seems to be getting worse. Can anyone help or comment on packet loss - not too clued up on this

A703FE0B-2B7F-4624-A32E-1F04951B6D4A.jpeg

All Replies
Highlighted
Oracle
Post 2 of 12

Re: Packet loss??!

Hi @Readybec If you post your router stats then someone can take a look for you, this shows you how.
http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Fibre/How-to-find-your-Router-Stats/m-p/2345276#M31383

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.
Researcher
Post 3 of 12

I believe this is what your after @DazzaskyDD1287A8-46B6-4262-883F-CEC641829120.png

Oracle
Post 4 of 12

@Readybec wrote:

I believe this is what your after @DazzaskyDD1287A8-46B6-4262-883F-CEC641829120.png

Hi @Readybec I can see that that you are getting the full speeds to your router and I cannot see any issues showing from your stats however I am not an expert on these things. What issues are you having exactly?

Researcher
Post 5 of 12

@Dazzasky Slow loading webpages evening if it’s just text. YouTube is even worse. We’ve tried splitting the channels so going onto the faster channel, disconnecting everything from router and having just one device and sitting next to you using it.

Then gaming, we had the line moved so we could change to wired connection as everyone told us It was better. Couldn’t ask for better connection for 2 months until feb. Then it’s got worse that ever 

Oracle
Post 6 of 12

@Readybec wrote:

@Dazzasky Slow loading webpages evening if it’s just text. YouTube is even worse. We’ve tried splitting the channels so going onto the faster channel, disconnecting everything from router and having just one device and sitting next to you using it.

Then gaming, we had the line moved so we could change to wired connection as everyone told us It was better. Couldn’t ask for better connection for 2 months until feb. Then it’s got worse that ever 

If you are using wifi then then are many factors that can slow the speed down and have a detrimental effect however when using a wired connection then you shouldn't have any issues unless there is a fault. It could be a case that you have a faulty router. 

Researcher
Post 7 of 12

Anyway which you can tell if you have a faulty router? @Dazzasky

Sound Designer
Post 8 of 12

@Readybec Are you having issues with any device connected with an ethernet cable or just particular ones?

Researcher
Post 9 of 12

@jamesn123 Hi James.

i has issues on my laptop it would be buffering for a while if I watched YouTube. Stopped using my laptop as got a iPad. Also have issues with PS4 

Researcher
Post 10 of 12

@jamesn123 Both hardwired

Sound Designer
Post 11 of 12

@Readybec To mitigate possible issues from your home network can you disconnect every single device and then connect a laptop/pc with an ethernet cable with WiFi switched off

Once you have done this can you post a result from the speedtest.net desktop app 

http://www.speedtest.net/apps/desktop

Can you also open up a command window in Windows and type: tracert bbc.co.uk and post the results of that in the forum

If you are on Mac then open up the network utility app and select traceroute and put bbc.co.uk in the box.

Researcher
Post 12 of 12

@jamesn123 Will get back to you tomorrow afternoon. Need to dig my laptop out 

Recommended Threads
Oracle 09-02-2018 06:54 PM
Oracle a month ago 12:19 AM
Oracle 01-01-2018 09:58 AM
Oracle 05-02-2018 04:18 PM
20-01-2018 05:19 PM