Retro movies channel

Runner
Post 1 of 30

Retro movies channel

Why are the timings sooooo off on retro movies channel?  I turned on 5 minutes early last nights to watch a movie....& missed at least 10 minutes...or 2 murders!!!!!!!  Ridiculous!!!!!!

All Replies
Oracle
Oracle
Post 2 of 30

Re: Retro movies channel

@Fi22 wrote:

Why are the timings sooooo off on retro movies channel?  I turned on 5 minutes early last nights to watch a movie....& missed at least 10 minutes...or 2 murders!!!!!!!  Ridiculous!!!!!!

I guess they must still be getting sorted I’ve had to bin a few recordings as a result.

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Q - full package
Researcher
Post 3 of 30

This is not a bad channel if it would show us Retro movies from the 70s80s 90s .As well as old black and white have colour tooDoesnt this channel have old  shows as well to show and not just films.Id love to tape stuff thats on during the night.The first time I noticed it there was a colour film with Kirk Douglas, Karen Black,  but it wasnt the same  as the titles when you press to see  what the title is.There are Retro channels on the Internet Sky.Have a look at them and have all film catagories too.Im sure it will do well  once the problems has been fixed out.Looking forward to seeing  stuff Ive never seen before from the 60s .

Researcher
Post 4 of 30

This channel is ridiculous - the films come on anything from half an hour to a whole hour before their listings in the EPG. Can't rely on the guide at all, competely random luck if you happen to get a complete movie at the times advertised. Sort it out Sky!

Oracle
Post 5 of 30

Have you complained to the channel/broadcaster?

Annie Oracle since 2012 Customer since 1989 Beta Tester I do not work for sky! FAQ for Sky+ Community Blog
Oracle
Post 6 of 30

@The+Accelerator wrote:

This channel is ridiculous - the films come on anything from half an hour to a whole hour before their listings in the EPG. Can't rely on the guide at all, competely random luck if you happen to get a complete movie at the times advertised. Sort it out Sky!

Hi @The+Accelerator You need to get the channel to "sort it out" for you as they are the ones that push the button to play the movie.

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.
Researcher
Post 7 of 30

And how is anyone supposed to contact a TV channel which has no website or social media, and offers viewers no means to get in touch with them? I pay SKY for the recording facilities on my Sky+ box, and accurate programme details in the Sky EPG (wherever they happen to get them from) are therefore an essential part of the service WHICH I PAY SKY FOR. If Sky's suppliers are not providing the correct information then Sky should make it clear - on behalf of their paying customers - that it is unacceptable, and do something about it. 

Oracle
Post 8 of 30

Hard to see how Sky can get more accurate programme details than from the programme provider themselves! Any suggestions?

Perhaps Sky ARE speaking to them. I doubt either of them will tell us.

Director of Photography
Post 9 of 30

Give them a few days to sort themselves out. l remember when the Paramount Channel [now Comedy Central] first launched, quite often by the end of the evening they could be an hour or more behind their advertised schedule. 

========================================================
Had Sky Since 1987, it's Come Along Way Smiley Happy
Sky Q [2TB] and x2 mini boxes, SKY Fibre Pro - Sky Q Hub
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Researcher
Post 10 of 30

To.Stuart R. Hi mate  dont you have any tv shows on this channel  the likes of Lassie, Rin Tin Tin, Doris Day show.The old  monster movies.Its just constant movies .On the Internet there are Retro movies and tv series.Cant you give us one of these for us who like this kind of old stuff.Thank You.

Oracle
Post 11 of 30

@postman51 Stuart R has no affiliation with the channel and has no contact with them, he also doesn't work for Sky so requesting content from them is pointless.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oracles are not Sky employees, we are just customers and will not be able to assist with account or billing issues.
Highlighted
Researcher
Post 12 of 30

I no Ive  mentioned this channel before but I wish Sky would give us  a decent Retro tv channel showning  movies  as  well as old tv shows  from them.Not this Nollywood   rubbish  changed its name .Id love if Sky gave us old movies as well as colour   in all catagories and  shows that used to be on on a Saturday morning like Daktari, Tarzan, Lassie,  Doris Day  show, Crown Court, Children of the Stones, Follyfoot, Police Woman.Im sure it would soon take of.Black Beauty. Shows thats not been on for years.Actors like the late Richard Hatch,  Karen Black, Stella Stevens, James Earl Jones, Sally  Kirkland, Martin Landau.

Researcher
Post 13 of 30

Should read Richard Lynch and not Richard Hatch.

Runner
Post 14 of 30

Can you give me an email address to contact Stuart R?

Thanks you for your help,

T. Toye.

Oracle
Post 15 of 30

@Knightrider wrote:

Can you give me an email address to contact Stuart R?

Thanks you for your help,

T. Toye.

If you click on their profile then you can send them a pm.

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.
Recommended Threads
Oracle 09-02-2018 06:54 PM
Oracle a month ago 12:19 AM
Oracle 01-01-2018 09:58 AM
Oracle 05-02-2018 04:18 PM
20-01-2018 05:19 PM