New Sky TV packages

Highlighted
Community Manager
Post 7 of 74

New Sky TV packages

We’ve completely rebuilt the way you enjoy Sky TV, making it easier and more personalised than ever.

Sky Entertainment will replace Sky’s existing TV bundles and will let customers make their Sky TV package their own, by personalising it based on what they love to watch.

Q+A

What is Sky Entertainment?

Sky Entertainment is our new TV package that offers the best of Sky.

With Sky Entertainment you’ll be able to make your Sky TV package your own, by personalising it based on what you love to watch. You can simply add any combination of Sky Box Sets, Sky Kids, Sky HD or Sky Sports HD and you can still choose to add Sky Cinema and Sky Sports for the ultimate TV experience.

What channels are included with Sky Entertainment?

Take a look at our Sky Entertainment channel list.

Will my offer transfer over?

Sports and Movies offers will be unaffected. Discounts to existing ‘core’ packages e.g. Variety Bundle, may not be transferable to the new package options.

I’ve changed my mind about Sky Entertainment. Can I return to my old package?

No, there is no rollback process.

I'm a Legacy HD customer, Sky Sports F1 is included as part of my HD package.

If I change my subscription to include Sky Entertainment, will I lose the F1 channel?

Yes. If you take up the Sky Entertainment, Sky Sports F1 is now only available as an individual channel or part of the entire Sports package.

When do I need to change my subscription?

There are no plans to change your package unless you choose to.

If I take Sky Entertainment with Box Sets but don’t include Sky Kids, can I watch Kids Box Sets?

You can watch all Box Sets that match your subscription. To watch Kids Box Sets, you must have both Sky Kids and Sky Box Sets.

Will this option be available in both the UK and ROI? 

Initially, the new packs will only be available in the UK. ROI will be offered the new packs at a later date.

What's the best way to change my package?

New customers and upgrades can be done online www.sky.com/shop, If you wish to remove any part of your existing package contact us.

Mark
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
All Replies
Runner
Post 1 of 74

New Sky Package structures

Hello..my first post.I am considering upgrading to skyq as a sky diamond customer.

Has any existing sky memberon a rolling month to month tarriff successfully been "allowed to upgrade/change" there package and been allowed pay the new rates.eg variety to entertainment (£32 to £20 pcm) on 18mth contract.regardsLesjan

Leslie John Finch
Oracle
Oracle
Post 2 of 74

Re: New Sky Package structures

LesJan wrote:

Hello..my first post.I am considering upgrading to skyq as a sky diamond customer.

Has any existing sky memberon a rolling month to month tarriff successfully been "allowed to upgrade/change" there package and been allowed pay the new rates.eg variety to entertainment (£32 to £20 pcm) on 18mth contract.regardsLesjan

@LesJan As far as I am aware anyone can change to the new packages on signing up to a new contract.

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Q - full package
Community Manager
Post 3 of 74

From tomorrow we'll be looking to make this available to existing customers who want to move across.

Thanks,

Kei
Community Manager

Camera Operator
Post 4 of 74

BEWARE you will loose legacyF1 if you move to new packages.

F1 sub costs £18/month on new packages, you can cancel with 31days notice tho.

Community Manager
Post 5 of 74

You can now swap over to the new Sky Entertainment package if you wish.

Thanks,

Kei
Community Manager

Runner
Post 6 of 74

Kei+M wrote:

You can now swap over to the new Sky Entertainment package if you wish.

Thanks,

How can you do the swap? Also if you don't want to change can you still downgrade to the old packages? 

Community Manager
Post 8 of 74

I’ve changed my mind about Sky Entertainment. Can I return to my old package?

No, there is no rollback process.

You can visit the shop here for more information.

Thanks,

Kei
Community Manager

Researcher
Post 9 of 74

How would I go about removing the kids pack and adding the HD package instead? I've looked in shop but it only gives me the option to add a package

Camera Operator
Post 10 of 74

Vo0N wrote:

How would I go about removing the kids pack and adding the HD package instead? I've looked in shop but it only gives me the option to add a package

Me too.

I want to lose the kids pack. Just me and the cat here - neither of us have any interest in watching children’s programmes!

Community Manager
Post 11 of 74

If you want to remove packs then it would need to be done via an agent. The contact details can be found here.

Thanks,

Kei
Community Manager

First Assistant Director
Post 12 of 74

It is a shame it will not be available on line or via the box. At the moment any saving will be almost wiped out by the cost of the phone call unless Sky put more staff to answer phones and there is a quicker response.

=======================================
Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see.

BT Infinity, 2Tb box (was Silver) one mini. Connected by WiFi
Camera Operator
Post 13 of 74

Thanks @Kei+M.

I’d agree with @bob1234 that it would be nice if this could be done by the box or online. The cost isn’t an issue for me as 03 numbers are free with my mobile package but it’s the waiting around that can be a pain. Still - it’s not a huge issue for a one off, I guess!

Runner
Post 14 of 74

Re: New Sky TV packages

I have signed in on the shop and it makes no mention of changing to new package. I dont know if its because I'm on the box set bundle. It just says that I already have entertainment, kids and box sets and hd. 

Community Manager
Post 15 of 74

Re: New Sky TV packages

Mark-Br wrote:

What's the best way to change my package?

New customers and upgrades can be done online www.sky.com/shop, If you wish to remove any part of your existing package contact us.

Hi @Carpenter87,

If you're looking to simply add a subscription such as Sports, you can do that online Smiley Happy

However, if you'd like to remove Your current Box Set bundle and replace it with (for example) Sky Entertainment + Kids + Box Sets + Sky HD, you'll need to contact an agent who can adjust your package. 

Mark
Community Manager