Trouble accessing ip address on router

Answered
Go to Answer
New Viewer
Post 1 of 14

Trouble accessing ip address on router

Hi there,

I dont know if anyone can help me but I'm trying to obtain the information from my router but when I type the IP address in a new window in the address bar http://192.168.0.1  its prompting me to enter a username and password in which I dont know as I havnt set up one....!

I've tried the usual stuff like 'admin' for the username and empty box for password and multiple different default passwords but having no joy..!

Would be much appreciated if someone could sent me in the right direction..

Happy New Year to all

Kind Regards

Shane Munday

Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Executive Producer
Post 2 of 14

Re: Trouble accessing ip address on router

To log into your Sky Wireless Router, enter 192.168.0.1 into the address bar of your browser. You will see a login box. The username is 'admin' and the default password is 'sky'.

All Replies
Answer
Executive Producer
Post 2 of 14

To log into your Sky Wireless Router, enter 192.168.0.1 into the address bar of your browser. You will see a login box. The username is 'admin' and the default password is 'sky'.

New Viewer
Post 3 of 14

how can i change the password of sky broadband...i already type the 192.168.0.1 then they said that my connection is not private..what will i do..pls. help me..

Runner
Post 4 of 14

your router will not have a green bar as its a router and not landing a secure page.

Your user ID is ADMIN and the password is "sky" - ignore what your browser says. from there you can change the ADMIN password.

by the way - the only way the router will be in-secure is if someone knows your WIFI key. If they cant access your wifi to connect to the router then they wont be given the ability to login.

New Viewer
Post 5 of 14

Untitled.jpg

Production Supervisor
Post 6 of 14

That is quite normal. This is because the router will not accept an https:/ address, which would be private.

On Sky Broadband Unlimited.
Amstrad DRX 890
Runner
Post 7 of 14

Hi, I have tryed al the ways I know + the sugestions on this forum, but still now been able to access my router, just want to know my  router IP address. I have taped in http://192.168.0.1 but is not working .  it says this site can't be reached. Please I need help, don't know what else to do.

Oracle
Post 8 of 14

Don't type http://.

Just type 192.168.0.1 in your browser address bar and press Enter.

Runner
Post 9 of 14

Hi, thanks for responding fast, still not been able to get in, from my laptop, I am taping 192.168.0.1 and enter, but still saying that it can not find the page. Don't know what is the probem.

Runner
Post 10 of 14

Hi, i cant access mine at the minute as I'm at work, but make sure it's the right IP.

You need a DOS window or from the start menu type "cmd.exe" or the help window. Once you see a black window, type "ipconfig /all" the hit return. Scroll up and look for a Gateway entry.. might be 192.168.1.1 not *.*.0.1

Quite often it has the IP on the label somewhere.

T

Production Supervisor
Post 11 of 14

If it is a Sky router the address will be 192.168.0.1.

Try another browser.

Amstrad DRX 890
Viewer
Post 12 of 14

I can access the page 192.168.0.1 but when i type "admin" in the username box and "sky" in the password box, it says it's wrong. what to do?

Viewer
Post 13 of 14

I can only access "residential gateway configuration". what to do?

Production Supervisor
Post 14 of 14

Justine+Mervic wrote:

I can only access "residential gateway configuration". what to do?

I have never seen this term used in connection with a Sky router. What router do you have?  You will find out on the label on the router.

Amstrad DRX 890