Trouble accessing ip address on router

Answered
Go to Answer
New Viewer
Post 1 of 6

Trouble accessing ip address on router

Hi there,

I dont know if anyone can help me but I'm trying to obtain the information from my router but when I type the IP address in a new window in the address bar http://192.168.0.1  its prompting me to enter a username and password in which I dont know as I havnt set up one....!

I've tried the usual stuff like 'admin' for the username and empty box for password and multiple different default passwords but having no joy..!

Would be much appreciated if someone could sent me in the right direction..

Happy New Year to all

Kind Regards

Shane Munday

Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Executive Producer
Post 2 of 6

Re: Trouble accessing ip address on router

To log into your Sky Wireless Router, enter 192.168.0.1 into the address bar of your browser. You will see a login box. The username is 'admin' and the default password is 'sky'.

All Replies
Answer
Executive Producer
Post 2 of 6

To log into your Sky Wireless Router, enter 192.168.0.1 into the address bar of your browser. You will see a login box. The username is 'admin' and the default password is 'sky'.

New Viewer
Post 3 of 6

how can i change the password of sky broadband...i already type the 192.168.0.1 then they said that my connection is not private..what will i do..pls. help me..

New Viewer
Post 4 of 6

your router will not have a green bar as its a router and not landing a secure page.

Your user ID is ADMIN and the password is "sky" - ignore what your browser says. from there you can change the ADMIN password.

by the way - the only way the router will be in-secure is if someone knows your WIFI key. If they cant access your wifi to connect to the router then they wont be given the ability to login.

New Viewer
Post 5 of 6

Untitled.jpg

Production Supervisor
Post 6 of 6

That is quite normal. This is because the router will not accept an https:/ address, which would be private.

On Sky Broadband Unlimited.
Amstrad DRX 890
Recommended Threads