Help
Help

Broadband & Talk Orders
Frequent Visitor
emmals
Accepted Solution

call barring

hi id like to know how to block outgoing calls to mobiles

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Community Coordinator
Robert

Re: call barring

Hi emmals, unfortunately it is not possible for sky to add a feature to your line to block outgoing calls to mobile numbers. However there are a few phone handsets on the market that allow you to do this by programming in the numbers you wish to block dialling out for example all numbers beginning 07.

Robert
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Mikefgm

Hi Robert.

I'd really like to know some more information about these "few handsets" that you mention. My wife and I have tried every shop that we can think of to locate a phone that can bar specific numbers (e.g. by using a PIN number), as we foolishly assumed that we'd be able to do this with Sky as we had when we were still with BT. However, nobody seems to know of a suitable make - most have told us that Sky do this sort of feature.

Please help - my step-daughter is running up huge bills on mobile calls, and we're likely to have to cancel all outgoing calls otherwise, or be cut off.

Mike

Occasional Visitor
david+anthony

I would also like to have a PIN no for all outgoing calls but obviously Sky and others do not offer this service as it would reduce their revenues.... 

Occasional Visitor
Mikefgm

Hmm - I'm surprised that we've not had any replies from Sky after a month in this regard. Am currently waiting on the phone, in order to change to incoming calls only. Very disappointed - changed to Sky as I felt they were offering far better service than BT, so not sure why we can't get any advice re appropriate ways of dealing with a very common problem (although I don't think it's as simple as keeping revenues up...).