Help
Help

Broadband & Talk Orders
Occasional Visitor
SRidley1
Accepted Solution

Not moving home now ... simple yes? Not with sky!

Really annoyed with sky now i have just called to inform them that i'am now not moving home and do not need my cancellation to go ahead, i had read beforehand on the home move FAQ section the following ....

Changing my visit
How many days do Sky require for me to cancel my installation if my move isn’t going ahead?

You can cancel your job at any time, right up to the day before the visit. However the sooner you let us know you don’t need our engineer to visit then the more likely we are to be able to help another customer in the timeslot we had allocated for your home move. 

Now to me this implies that today when i rang up i would have no problem with cancelling the cancellation and that my slot would just go to another home mover ... Oh no! not at all because i have notified them on a sunday then they have to make the cancellation go ahead and i have to wait 2 weeks for my internet/phoneline to be back on! Even though the lady i spoke to admitted to me its only a matter of making a call saying we do not need the cancellation to go ahead!! I'm apalled at the service sky has given us since switching our phone/broadband over to them earlier in year we have had nothing but problems.

And it seems that now in a time where i need a smooth transaction they have let us down yet again and will offer no compensation or logical reason for these problems! Why can they not call the BT Openreach engineer tommorow morning and say "Miss so and so doesn't need her service disconnecting now as she is no longer moving" All of 5 minutes work!! And when he does switch my services off he will have to come back 2 weeks later just to switch it back on again!!

I'm apalled at the false advertising here on the website and at the general attitude of sky all together.

Yours

One very unhappy customer! 

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Community Coordinator
michael-r

Re: Not moving home now ... simple yes? Not with sky!

Hi SRidley1,

Sorry to hear that your first post to the forum has involved this type of issue.

In this case, the line and broadband cancellation has got to a point of no return where the we cannot stop the cancellation of these services within the front office and back office systems. It may also mean that a part of the work has been done at the telephone exchange. This process cannot be reversed at this time and would mean a new order needs to be submitted once the initial services are removed from the billing systems.

Unfortunately, a phone call to a BT Openreach engineer at this time wouldn't have any affect on having the cancellation stopped.

Michael
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
SRidley1

Thankyou for the feedback michael-r i do understand all of that the main thing that got me so riled was the miscommunication through the moving home help faq here on the website which i did and still do feel is lacking some vital information (ie notice has to be given within one working day before 3pm) and that if you notify sky on a weekend they cannot stop the cancellation.

I have spoken to a member of your management team on the phone and also told them this, i'am not happy to be cut off for upto 2 weeks when i'am no longer moving but accept that there is nothing else to be done now, although that doesn't mean that i agree with the whole process and feel that maybe it should be looked into to avoid future problems. 

Community Coordinator
Shelz

Hi SRidley1,

I want to thank you for your feedback, we will certainly have this passed back. 

Your input will help us better our services - which is something that we always aim to do. It is disappointing to hear that this has happened to you, but I am glad that you have spoken to someone in management and highlighted this too.

Many thanks again,

Shelz
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
Sky+cancelation

moving home

When you move home with sky the sign your phone and broadband to a new 12 month contract without verbal or written consent!

tried to cancel my brodband and have been told im locked into it. WTF

Dont move house with sky because your services arnt the same, my internet is poor but they say i'm locked in and cant do anyting about it.

Dont move home with sky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community Coordinator
kirkie50

Re: moving home

Hi Sky+cancelation

Sorry that you feel you were not advised that it would be a 12 month contract for your talk and Broadband. This should have been explained when you arranged for the services at your new home.

If you are having problems with your Broadband speed have you tried the troubleshooting steps to see if the speed improves?  If you still wish to take your complaint further you can do so by completing the Eform here

Thanks

kirkie50
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
roomey01

so as i see it from reading the comment above, when i move house in 2 weeks sky will automatically start a new 12 month contract for my phone and broadband??

i hope this doesnt happen as im trying to get out of the current contract as the internet is terrible and ive had so many issues with sky already. And if this is the case how come sky can end a contract when they feel like it and we cannot?

i might just stop the direct debit and get myself tivo :smileyvery-happy:

Community Coordinator
Anne-M

Hi roomey01, 

First of all I would like to welcome you to the help forum, and apologise for the delay in getting back to you. 

When you move home, you will not be placed into a new 12 month contract if you are just transferring the same services you have from the old address. You will only be subject to a new 12 month contract if you were to upgrade to a service which you currently do not have (multiroom, taking line rental for the first time etc). Here is our home move link which may answer other questions that you may have. 

If you find that broadband is not working correctly at your new address, you can either come back to our broadband forum to seek advice, or to contact us and we will go through some troubleshooting with you. 

I hope the move goes smoothly :smileyhappy:

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
frasermcd

I am currently helping my mother with her home move, that is now no longer going on.

The disconnect is booked for 28/02/2012 and yet still even though we have called sky every day for the last 3 days asking them to cancel the cancellation, there is still a stop order on her line.

i have been promised calls back every day by 3 different people,  not 1 call yet!

lets see if tomorrow I get a call?

Community Coordinator
Anne-M

Hi frasermcd, 

As this is your first post I would like to welcome you to the forum, albeit under difficult circumstances. 

I have sent you a private message so we can get a better understanding of this home move. Can you reply to the message when you have a minute?

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
marknshell

I notice the other post relating to moving home were from september time 2011. It is now march 2012 and yet still sky do nothing to change or help!!!!!!!!!

Received notice today that my move has been delayed (it may actually not take place at all) Phoned sky to change dates and postpone cancellation only to be told its too late to stop!

Last week when I phoned the advice I was given was to keep moving my dates one week in the future and then call back rather than cancelling, the chap never mentioned 72 hours notice so I was very upset when I was basically told sorry we can't help, which to me translated to TOUGH LUCK. I now have no phone or broadband for at least 3 weeks but more like 5 because once I do move(if) it will take two weeks to set me up in my new property.

What annoys me even more is that my account now shows my address as the house I MAY move into!  It seems that when I called to delay my move the first time the agent changed the date for my visits but not my actually moving date. So I now have no phone, no broadband and an account at a property I dont live in, have never lived in and may NEVER live in.  Surely that has to be breaking some sort of law?

I have been promised a call back tomorrow but having read the forum i'm now not holding out much hope.  I thought I could trust the sky agents but it now seems that over the last six weeks several mistakes have been made and they are only now coming to light.

For example: Today when I called I moved my tv engineer and bt engineer to 12th April hoping that we move on 11th April. Yet when I called back an hour later to find out how to make a complaint I found out that my bt engineer was still booked for 28th March.

So lets see:- if your housemove falls through sky can't do anything to help. If you talk to sky agents don't trust the information they give because if its wrong no one cares! You can hold an account at a complete strangers address! And even after you change an appointment sky will still send an engineer on any date they want!

One last thing, I tried to change my house moving details on line because we're constantly asked to use online services but thanks to the agent error it has me down as ALREADY MOVED so I can change nothing!!!!!

I like my sky tv but i'm certainly gonna look around for phone and broadband. As much as I like my anytime plus its not worth the stress and upset sky have piled on top of what is already one of the most stressful things a person can do.

Thanks for nothing sky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi Mark, 

Thanks for taking the time to post, I'm disappointed to see that this has happened. We ned to get things sorted for you and confirm that the changes made to your home move visits have been processed properly.

I've sent you a Private Message asking for some details, please reply to this and we'll try to help.

Robert
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
Confused+mover

I've seen the posts about problems with moving talk and broadband, but does the same 72 hour notice period apply for tv only? We have sky+ and intend to take it with us, but we're only going to get 10 working days notice of our move date and don't want to put it into process with sky if it's going to cause problems later. What's the deal with moving sky +? In terms of when service will stop at our old house and start at the new, and what are the notice periods to inform sky in the event that the move date changes. Also, does the phone line HAVE to be in place before the sky engineer can come?
Staff (Retired)
Samantha-K

Hi Confused+Mover,

Welcome to the Forum.

Normally with a Moving Home we ask for 14 days notice so if you get 10 working days, call us when you know you are moving out and we can get an engineer to arrange the Switch over to the best of our ability, and hopefully you won't be without service. The advisor that you book the home move will be able to give you more details as dates and times are account specific and it depends on the engineer availability in your area.

Thanks
Occasional Visitor
Hbaby

Hello 

I got a probleme, I want to stop my sky connection for this holidays because I must to do a Intenship in France. So how I can do for that, I came back in september.

Please hepls