Help
Help

Broadband & Talk Orders
Occasional Visitor
Weeton3

NGN numbers

Why am I being charge for NGN calls when I have not called these companies. ive noticed that they are Talk talk and BT when I have no services with Ive got TV Broadband and telephone all with Sky so why is it shown on my bill. I do not have any reason to call these companies? 18/03/13 09:31:06 Talktalk Comms Ltd 08451305910 NGN numbers… 00:03:06 £0.410 20/03/13 10:47:43 Cable & Wireless 08448248888 NGN numbers… 00:03:59 £0.350 20/03/13 10:52:10 Bt 08457213141 NGN numbers… 00:04:48 £0.480 20/03/13 10:57:52 Bt 08457213141 NGN numbers… 00:06:31 £0.610
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
Ian-M-

NGN numbers

[ Edited ]

Hi Weeton3,

Can you advise if one of the reasons would be the reason for the calls to be showing on your bill?

• Checked with everyone who has been in their house if they have made the call
  • Voted on any TV shows
  • Used any interactive services
  • Entered any competitions
  • Called any companies
  • Used a third party service, for example a phone card, BT service or BT feature
  • Internet usage - dial-up connection
  • Used an email phone, this also dials outs on a regular basis at cost
  • Any security or panic alarm connected to telephone line
  • Has anyone else had access to the house?
  • If they have been on holiday, has someone been looking after their house?
  • Has the number been called more than once?
  • Does the number appear uncontested on this or previous customer bills?
  • Have there been other calls made around the same time?

Thanks,

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
Weeton3

Re: NGN numbers

In answer to all your questions, it's no, read on some other forms it could be dentist or doctor, but these are local numbers, so why would it show as 084 numbers, I very seldom use my house landline as all my family have mobiles,
Retired Staff Member
Ian-M-

Hi Weeton3,

I will arranged for someone from our escalations team to contact you by private message where they will request further information

Best regards,

Frequent Visitor
twendy

Hi I have exact same on my bill to I was wondering what they werep
Occasional Visitor
Johnmartin17

I am experiencingthe same problem and i am finding customer support to be extremely unhelpful. I have been charged£25.00 for the most recent incident.

No! i have not made the call 

No!There is no one else who could have>

If this isnt resovled  i will have to change my supplier. I need to be confident that my phone line is secure and that it is not being used to rob me.

Staff
John-B

Hi Johnmartin17, lets see if we can work out what is going on.

Have you tried searching on the internet to check who the number belongs to?

If you can also confirm the following:

• Have you checked with everyone who has been in their house if they have made the call
  • Have youVoted on any TV shows
  • Have you used any interactive services
  • Have you entered any competitions
  • Have you called any companies
  • Have you used a third party service, for example a phone card, BT service or BT feature
  • Have you used an email phone, this also dials outs on a regular basis at cost
  • Do you have any security or panic alarms connected to telephone line
  • Has anyone else had access to the house?
  • If they have been on holiday, has someone been looking after their house?
  • Has the number been called more than once?
  • Does the number appear uncontested on this or previous customer bills?
  • Have there been other calls made around the same time?

Cheers

John-B
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
claireroy

hi all

just found one of these numbers on my next bill funny thing is my phone line isnt working ,so how did i phone the number ??????

you dont think im paying it do you ,

sky is a waste of time ive had no phone line now for over 2 weeks and the cheeky sods think im paying for a service that is broke.

sort it sky or you will have tons of customers leaving

Community Coordinator
Gailsky

Hi claireroy,

Thanks for your post on the Community. Please can I check with you do you have a dial tone at all please? Have you tried another handset? If you let me know I can check further for you and see what is happening with the phone number on the service for you. 

Thanks,

Gail
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.