Help
Help

Broadband & Talk Orders
Regular Visitor
MarkUz
Accepted Solution

Moving home since Feb 20 - sky activated broadband and phone service on the old address...

We have moved on the 20th February 2011. I have completed the online form to move all my services and advised SKY I would like to get a landline as well. Home moving team calls up, advises what to do:

1. take over BT landline

2. move BT landline

The lady was really good she called me back and advised moving BT landline will be quicker. Unfortunately when I called BT they saw that SKY is taking over the thing so you can not move it. I advised SKY to take over the line and was assuming they will move it with my services. 

TV sorted withen 24 hours as an engineer arrived Sunday, which was a huge surprise.

14 days pass, I call up SKY to get some info. Everything is active on the OLD address... nothing has been done on the new address. Now I received a letter that it will take further 14 days and an engineer will come out on 23/03/2011 to install phone line. I do not know what he will do, as we have the previous tenants BT landline here. But anyway, our broadband and phone is moving since the 20th February 2011... and probably will finish in April.

Of course your monthly bill is exactly the same amount.

Is there any way to speed up this process? 

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Senior Member (Platinum)
PaulEK

Re: Moving home since Feb 20 - sky activated broadband and phone service on the old address...

Engineer has to come out as they will be dealing with the physical connection at the exchange and then will be running tests to make sure all is well on the line. Any issues and they may need physical access to the termination point of the line within your property and no unfortunately there is no way of speeding up the installation.

Used to work for Sky and BT ADSL tech support but please don't hate me for it :smileywink:
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
MarkUz

Re: Moving home since Feb 20 - sky activated broadband and phone service on the old address...

Thanks for the reply. 

On my previous address SKY took over the phone line and nobody came out and it was fine.Well thats what they said over the phone.

Is there a difference now?

Senior Member (Platinum)
PaulEK

There is a big difference between taking over an already active and operating line and doing the initial activation of the line. If you are going directly onto the Sky SVBN for line rental, calls and ADSL you may find an installer has to fit a new socket so that Sky can say they are not using BT's equipment in the new property.

Used to work for Sky and BT ADSL tech support but please don't hate me for it :smileywink:
Regular Visitor
MarkUz

[ Edited ]

Thanks again.

At least he is arriving to the correct address this time...

Hopefully...

and will install new landline besides the existing one...

confused...

Regular Visitor
MarkUz

Openreach engineer arrived at 07:45 in the morning. Did his magic and we have a landline. Did not do a thing in the flat just something outside.

Anyone know if it is possible to have broadband on it if we have our router as we just moved? 

Regular Visitor
MarkUz

Well let me answer that: it has to be 10 - 15 days, according to the customer service agent. 

SKY screws up and will not correct their mistake. Keeps you waiting forever. Great service...

Regular Visitor
MarkUz

Just to get this up to top.

I am waiting for broadband activation and nothing appeared on the online tracking.

I phoned up and it turns out two telephone numbers are mixed up and the system stopped as it could not pick the correct one.

After getting everything activated on my old address in the first run this is a nightmare an complete incompetence from SKY. Twice they are trying to get service activated on the old number. This has been going on since Feb 20 ...