Help
Help

Broadband & Talk Orders
Occasional Visitor
BUNGKAN
Accepted Solution

Cancelling McAfee antivirus

Can someone please tell me how, or where to cancel McAfee antivirus, I have searched but cannot find it on my Sky webpage. Although I have never downloaded this system onto my pc I have been told I must cancel this antivirus or be charged for it every month.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Re: Cancelling McAfee antivirus

Hi BUNGKAN, If you are logged on as the primary user it should be located under My Broadband, McAfee, Manage my subscription.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
dbro1971

I have atttempted this on numerous occasions only to be met with the message "Sorry The service is currently unavailable. Please try again later.". Why ?

Contributor
dazo-m

same :smileymad:

Community Coordinator
Robert

[ Edited ]

Hi guys, we are currently aware of issues when attempting to access the McAfee links on Sky websites, this is currently under investigation and we will post an update when it becomes available.

If you're looking to cancel your McAfee subscription you can still contact our Broadband Customer Help team to do this.

Robert
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
cassyemz

That still does not work, I phoned them and then was informed I needed to do it online.  Round and Round. Nightmare!

Occasional Visitor
Ratstewt

I have call reference KMM7957150I15977L0KM, covering cancelling McAfee, dated 15/03/2011. Still do not know how to not be billed for something I do not use

Community Coordinator
Robert-B

Hi Ratstewt,

Did you ever receive a response from your E-mail?

Is it ok to try logging in to Mysky and see if it will allow you to cancel the McAfee subscription there?

If that doesn't work then it may be best to call us using the number on the contact us page to have this cancelled.

Robert-B
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
RockitRon

McAfee Internet Security Suite for PCs - Comprehensive, Easy to Use Protection

With the daily emergence of new and more sophisticated internet threats that could disrupt your digital life, you need more than a simple anti-virus program to protect yourself, your computer, your identity and your family.

You need McAfee Internet Security Suite – comprehensive, feature-rich and simple-to-use security software with built-in parental controls. McAfee Internet Security Suite also has real-time protection that helps eliminate exposure to new threats as they appear.

We've teamed up with McAfee to offer Sky Broadband customers a free trial of McAfee Security - 12 months free Internet Security Suite for up to three PCs with Sky Broadband Unlimited or 3 months free trial with all other Sky Broadband products - and then just £3 per month after the free trial.

According to the above you need to download and activate your 12 month free trial before you can be charged for the service which begins after the free trial. Their Terms, their Conditions.

Visitor
jofkent

I to am being given the run around regarding cancelling mcafee antivirus, i have phoned sky twice and been told that i cannot get this cancelled by sky and have to phone mcafee.

I have e-mailed mcafee who tell me its down to sky to cancel it as they do not deal with subscriptions from my account.

I have been to my account broadband many times over the last few months, and the link to mcafee does not work, and has not been fixed, I still cannot access mcafee through this link to cancel it.

I phoned the broadband section in december and they could not explain it.

Please Please help im going round in circles

Staff (Retired)
GRF4784

Hi jofkent,

Thanks for posting on the Forum.

Can you tell me what kind of device you are using to try and download the McAfee software on to?

Please come back and let us know.

Many Thanks,

Visitor
jofkent

Hi

I was trying to cancel it not install it, but problem solved, it has now been deleted. 

Thank you

Staff (Retired)
GarryC

Hi jofkent,

I am glad to see you have managed to resolve your issue.

If you have any further queries then please feel free to post to us again :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Visitor
Pingu2309

Hi jofkent,

How did you cancel it in the end as I am trying to do the same?

Thanks

Visitor
jofkent

Hi

I e-mailed sky direct and explained the problem, and they deleted it from my account, and sent me the link to delete it from my computer, hope this helps.