Help
Help

Broadband & Talk Orders
D.E
Occasional Visitor
D.E
Accepted Solution

Can't download McAfee from Sky website

I have recently got Sky broadband and hence 12month free McAfee Security.

When I tried to download McAfee Security by following below steps:

1. Log into www.sky.com/security
  2. Click on Security Centre on the bottom of the page
  3. Click on McAfee ISS
  4. Click Find out more
  5. Click Go To Download 

6. when I press down load I am getting message

"The service is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

(Note: I have cleared all internet cookies and temporary files as well.)

This is happening since last two week. I have contacted to sky help center and they told me to contact to McAfee and McAfee customer service told me to contact to sky help center.

Now I feel like a ball tossing between sky and McAfee. I already spend lots of money to call on sky/McAfee help line numbers.

I tried to resolve this issue by sending few emails but no solution or resolution if this topic.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Robert-B

Re: Can't download McAfee from Sky website

[ Edited ]

Hi D.E,

There is currently a thread here discussing this issue.

Thanks

Robert-B
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
Exmouth+steve

i too am having the same message, my computer is now not covered, what can i do to get my free trial, this was offered and i am not getting it!!!!

Are sky going to pay if my computer gets infected?

Steve

Super User
caesarome

You do know that you don't have to use McAfee if you don't want to as there are plenty of others, both paid and free out there that you could use. It is up to you what you choose and has nothing to dow with Sky.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Johninchester

My advice is don't do it even if you can !

I run a Computer Support company and we do not rate McAfee at all.

Funnily enough the very best Ant-Virus software is AVG free.

The old version was not so good, but the new "AVG2011" version is, in our opinion, better than ALL the others, paid for or not !

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi Exmouth+steve, we have reported that some users seem to be having problems with downloading this. Do you have a Sky TV subscription or is it only Talk/Broadband?

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

D.E
Occasional Visitor
D.E

Hi Robert,

If there is thread and your customer service adviser know about this issue then why sky toss customer between Sky customer center and Mac Afee Customer center.

It has been more than month still my download link doesnt work. If I am getting MacAfee free for 12 months then 1 and half month already gone without having my free MacAfee.

So how will sky will deal with fact.

I would appreciate if you can resolve all issues about MacAfee and its free subscription time.

Thanks

D.E

Occasional Visitor
steve061

I've just signed up to sky but already have mcafee.Can I defer freebie until mine expires?And ,by the way,I only have 3months free subscription.Has everyone else got 12 months?

Mch73

Same here still having this issue, and allways this error:

The service is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

please can anyone from SKU tech support help !!

Thanks

M

D.M
Occasional Visitor
D.M

Is this going to get sorted or what, why should I phone McAfee when sky are providing me a service, including giving me McAfee anti virus. If the link doesnt work on your website why should we be the ones to phone McAfee and sort it out? The worse thing is by all accounts its not even a good anti virus.

Occasional Visitor
vikyvijay

Yes.  I completely agree with Mr. D.M. It is the SKY company that stated we will get free MCAfee internet security for 1 year for 3 computers. If it is not available in a website maintained by SKY then SKY should do the needful to display correct things in its website.  Above all, in order to install McAfee, i removed my antivirus and other internet security and disabled windows firewall. And my computer is already attacked by virus. I am unable to restore it to previous check point also.

SKY should understand these difficulties and react faster.

Thanks

Vijay

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi Guys, we are aware of the issues that some of you are experiencing when trying to download McAfee from the My Sky or Sky Security Centre websites. This is currently under investigation and we are awaiting an update. As soon as I have an update I will post this for you.

Regarding the free offer period, this does not start on your account until you successfully download, install and activate the McAfee software on your computer so you will not lose any of your free entitlement.

Robert
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
mrsmcgoo

i am having exactly the same problem whenever i try to download from sky web page i get the message i'm not a sky customer any help advice greatly appreciated       thanks

Visitor
Scammed

Your comments are utter nonsense. 

Many people signed up for Sky broadband because of the free one year offer and now that they fail to deliver on their offer/promises you dare to suggest that customers find alternatives.  There is another name for that - FRAUD!!

Visitor
Scammed

Im sorry Vijay but did you say you expected Sky to "react faster?" not likely.  Too busy making bogus claims about what they have to offer new customers.  You've already signed up - you can wait.