Help
Help

Broadband Setup, Connection & WiFi
Contributor
paulpies
Accepted Solution

Port forward (sorted it, i had to change the name of the rule WEIRD and it worked)

[ Edited ]

I am trying to forward port 3074 (UDP and TCP).  I have set up the rule on the services tab but when I try to add it to the firewall rules it comes up with an error code of 9003.

The router is the DSL-2640S running firmware 1.11.

I have other ports forwarded with no problems.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Re: Port forward (sorted it, i had to change the name of the rule WEIRD and it worked)

Hi paulpies, we don't provide support for port forwarding however it is included in the router firmware so I'm interested in what might be causing the error. Have you used any non alphanumeric characters in the name you have tried to assign to the rule? Do you have any other rules in place referring to the same port or a range of ports including that number? Have you tried power cycling or resetting the router?

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
ClareA

Re: Port forward (sorted it, i had to change the name of the rule WEIRD and it worked)

Hi there, I am struggling to work out how to open up ports for fowarding, can you help??  I take it from your query that you have to add a service to open the ports and you renamed it to solve it?  I have UDP ports: 53 88 81 3074 3075 3478 3658 and TCP ports: 53 8081 443 3074 5223 which I am told I need to foward however I havent got a clue what the "start" and end is to create the rule??  Please help!