Help
Help

Broadband Setup, Connection & WiFi
Frequent Contributor
Wikipedian

Re: Free wifi booster

I called Sky on 150 and the nice agent sorted it out. He talked to his manager and they put an order through without having to pay. They said order will be processed by 7pm tonight.

Anybody's having an issue, give Sky a call. They can put the order through or allow a refund of the cost of the boost.

Offer ends January 31!
"Character is a journey, not a destination"--Bill Clinton
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visitor
Dramamug

Hi still no contact by anyone pm

Router model sr101
Joined June 2013.
No offers in offers page can you please help

Thanks
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Andy-F21

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch regarding the Sky Wireless Booster offer RedPhil51, I can help clear this up for you :smileyhappy:

As you have received the Sky Hub yesterday, the systems at our end need to update before the Sky Wireless Booster can be ordered.

It takes 7 days for our systems to update with the relevant information, meaning you can the order the Sky Wireless Booster after this time.

Please allow this time to elapse before trying to order the Sky Wireless Booster again, and let me know how you get on, as I'm keen to see you get this ordered.

Thanks,

Andy
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Regular Visitor
tinkicker

Hello Andy,

I have tried to get the wifi coverage problem sorted several times last year without improving ie channel change and router relocation. Range is approximately 15' max.
I have been a broadband and sky customer about 10 years plus.
This is my second router I think a Sagem phase 2? Slim black one.
From what I understand I an eligible for the hub first then booster if required, I don't see any in "my offers".
If you check my account you will find I have been a good customer, recently upgrading to the new sky HD box.
If I cannot get improved wifi I will be forced to change services to either BT or Virgin, although would prefer to get this issue resolved as Sky is my preferred TV supplier.
I have tried the offer help page which didn't help.
I have know tried 3 phone calls and 5 online chats to resolve, with no solution being offered.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Gary

Sent from my iPhone

On 3 Jan 2014, at 08:05, "Community Mailer" <helpforums@sky.com> wrote:

Hello tinkicker,
You have received a private message in the Sky Community.

Subject: Sky Wireless Booster
Good Morning tinkicker,

I can see you've been having some issues with ordering your Sky Wireless Booster, so want to request a bit more info on this to look in to it for you :smileyhappy:

Can you tell me what steps you've already tried to get this resolved? Have you tried the steps within our 'Free Wireless Booster Offer' article to see if they help?

Also, can you tell me when your Sky Broadband was activated?

Finally, have you upgraded to our Sky Hub recently? If so, when did you upgrade?

Please come back to me and let me know this information and I'll look in to this further for you.

Thanks,

Please click here to access the community. You will need to login before you can reply to this message. Do not reply to this e-mail notification as your reply will not be picked up.
Frequent Visitor
TheKing123

[ Edited ]

Hi, I posted a few days ago and didn't receive a response. Been trying like so many, without success - no booster in my offers page. I've been a fibre customer for about a year and have the White Sky Hub so should be eligible.

Can someone send me a PM to sort this out please?

Many thanks

Morag

Occasional Visitor
charlottenotkie

We've received the booster today and it says there's two options to set it up.

Via the WPS button on the router - which we don't have

Or via http://skywireless.local

The website doesn't show up though and i've seen other members saying the same.

Is this a known problem?? When is it likely to be working??

I've tried the site using both google chrome and firefox. 

Thanks

Visitor
Hazzee

Hi LauraMac

No PM received in relation to your post. Can you advise? Thanks
Community Coordinator
Andy-F21

That's great Zacatac, I appreciate you checking this for me.

In order to get this investigated further. I'm going to arrange for a member of our team to contact you via Private Message to request some more details. They'll contact you at the earliest opportunity in order to take this forward.

If you need anything else at all in the meantime, please let me know.

Thanks,

Andy
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
MartynH46

Hi Keith, I was also having difficulty in the same circumstances as yourself and in fact I' was wating in the Sky Support telephone Q to ask them about it.

Not too sure if this was coincidence but as I was watiing I logged onto my sky account > My Sky and under "Upgrades" chose Offers.

http://www.sky.com/shop/customer-shop/customer-offers/

It may just be hit and miss on the website -HTH

Frequent Visitor
Zacatac

Thanks Andy-F21, look forward to hearing from someone
Regular Visitor
D1AX

Please feel free to have an admin PM me also. I am in the same frustrated boat and if I can supply any information to help you guys get to the bottom of this, I would be glad to do so.

Regular Visitor
CKme

[ Edited ]

Just a quick update - I have one of the mods PM me (ok so I had to PM them as I think the mod last night is on nights).  So be patient folks, I'm sure they mean to get to everyone soon!

CK

Regular Visitor
tinkicker

Hello Andy, 

I have tried to get the wifi coverage problem sorted several times last year without improving ie channel change and router relocation. Range is approximately 15' max. 
I have been a broadband and sky customer about 10 years plus.
This is my second router I think a Sagem phase 2? Slim black one.
From what I understand I an eligible for the hub first then booster if required, I don't see any in "my offers".
If you check my account you will find I have been a good customer, recently upgrading to the new sky HD box. 
If I cannot get improved wifi I will be forced to change services to either BT or Virgin, although would prefer to get this issue resolved as Sky is my preferred TV supplier.
I have tried the offer help page which didn't help.
I have know tried 3 phone calls and 5 online chats to resolve, with no solution being offered.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Gary

Community Coordinator
Andy-F21

Thanks for taking the time to joing and post on our Community Delboy74, I'm sure you're eager to redeem your Sky Wireless Booster offer, so let me help clear this up for you :smileyhappy:

Once you receive your new Sky Hub, we have to allow the systems to be updated with the Sky Hub information. This takes 7 days, which is why you can't currently book your Sky Wireless Booster.

Once this time has elapsed, you'll be able to order your Sky Wireless Booster through your My Sky offers page.

I hope this information helps. Keep me posted on how you get on ordering this once the time has elapsed, and if you need anything else at all, I'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Andy
Community Coordinator

CVR
CVR

Hi Andy. We've had Sky broadband for many years, we have a Netgear router. I was unable to order a free booster, but after several attempts I did manage to order a Hub (for free). I got to the final page of the order process but never received a confirmation email. I spoke to someone on the phone who could find no record of my order; however after I'd hung up I had a text through advising me to wait for further instructions. This was on Wednesday. I've heard nothing since. In My Orders it still says the hub is being prepared for dispatch. Have I ordered it or not? It's no longer in My Offers (nor is a free booster). I understand that after 7 days I can order a booster but is that likely to be before the offer expires?

Thanks