Help
Help

Broadband Setup, Connection & WiFi
Contributor
super-killie

Re: F@st2504n

SKY sent me the  F@st2504n router around April this year as a replacement for my former SKY netgear one.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
KingfisherUK

Sorry, my fault, should have read the date of the original post! Glad the firmware update seems to have fixed it though.

I am not a Sky employee, any opinions in my posts are entirely my own.

Sky usually send out old stock if its for a free replacement - if your a new customer or paying you get a hub
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Test Socket - Router Stats - inSSIDer - TCP Optimizer - DNS Benchmark - Speedchart
Service Updates - Troubleshooting - Pingtest - Speedtest - Do you need a MAC.?
Improve your Wi-Fi - Planner Rebuild & System Reset
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Contributor
super-killie

That's true...they did offer me the Hub for £35 or so, or a F@st2504n for free. Considering the bad press that the hub gets on here regarding it's poor wifi reception, I didn't think it seemed a wothwhile extra. Am I missing any great benefits?

Senior Member (Diamond)
Oliver341

super-killie wrote:

That's true...they did offer me the Hub for £35 or so, or a F@st2504n for free. Considering the bad press that the hub gets on here regarding it's poor wifi reception, I didn't think it seemed a wothwhile extra. Am I missing any great benefits?

Not really, the specs are very similar.

Oliver.
Super User
snadge+100

sorry for the late reply...busy

they are almost identical, infact apart from firmware theres no real difference in terms of hardware - the wifi should perform similar to each other, if it doesnt then its down to firmware and not hardware

2504N = BCM6362 (DECT capabilitys in chipset)

HubV1 = BCM6361 (no DECT capability in chipset)

wikidevi.com/wiki/Broadcom

Test Socket - Router Stats - inSSIDer - TCP Optimizer - DNS Benchmark - Speedchart
Service Updates - Troubleshooting - Pingtest - Speedtest - Do you need a MAC.?
Improve your Wi-Fi - Planner Rebuild & System Reset
Visitor
GRAYGDH

I've started having the same problem with my WI-FI. All of my families devices that connect over WI-FI, wont reconnect after they have gone out of range or have been turned off and on again! 

Whats worrying me is that I am running 6.14.6a4N-UNI Firmware on my f@ST2504n.

I have tried all the steps you tried but still have the problem.