Help
Help

Broadband Setup, Connection & WiFi
Occasional Visitor
00greenman2000
Accepted Solution

Change Password on Router

Hi my sons friends helped him set up his xbox wireless'ly whilst I was out. I'm worried they can now connect onto our router (on the street). Should I change the SSID or the Network Key (doesn't it ask for the network key to get on wireless'ly?). Also if I change one of these will I need to reconnect the xbox. Thanks in advance.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Senior Member (Platinum)
PaulEK

Re: Change Password on Router

You can and should change the wireless key in the wireless settings page on the router, when you try to connect onto it with the xbox the first time after the change it will reject the old password, at this point put the new one in.

Used to work for Sky and BT ADSL tech support but please don't hate me for it :smileywink:
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
despina

Hi, I shared my password with one of my neighbors and now I want to change that password of my network so that noone else knows it. I can't find the routers page though and where this option is. Can somebody explain the steps from the beginning? I use windows 7. Thanx!

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi despina, 

To change the wireless security settings on your Sky Broadband Router, please follow the steps below.

1. Using a PC connected to the router through Ethernet, visit http://192.168.0.1
  2. When prompted log in with the username: admin and password: sky (in lower case)
  3. Select the Setup tab from the navigation bar at the top of the page to jump to Wireless Settings
  4. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you should see the current Network Key.
  5. Change the network key and note this down as it's case-sensitive then click Apply.
Please note that when you change the network key, all wireless devices will be immediately disconnected and you will need to reconnect each device again entering the new network key.

Robert
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
despina

Thanx a lot!

Occasional Visitor
philbull

which username and password is required on the http://192.168.0.1/sky_set_password.html screen please??

Super User
caesarome

Username - admin

Password - sky

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
Help+Forgotten

hi i managed to change my password only to lose it where i wrote it down is there a reset key feature so i can reset it back to a factory state of the name and password so i can change it again and keep it safe this time as i cant turn my wireless on without it?

Super User
Damien-SW

there a reset hole on the back of the router (says reset) stick a ping or paper clip in there for 10 secs and it will reset

----------------------------
If I have replied to one of your post for help and asked a question which you have answered but not got a reply from me feel free to PM to remind me to check your post.

Also if i have helped please click on kudos and if I solved the problem please make my post as a solution.

Damien
Occasional Visitor
evenceto

Hello I`ve changed my router password once, just the way it is explained here in the forum, but now I should change it again and when I get into the IP address the username:admin and password:sky just doesn`t work this time. I can`t log in into the routers` settings this way. Does anybody have any idea what  can I do ?

Occasional Visitor
belhysys

did you try a factory reset? 

Occasional Visitor
bhawna+jangra

plz tell me the processer to change the password of my router becz my nabiour is using my net as well but now i dont want to share my internet with my frnd,,,,,so plz help me to change my password on router so thats why i can be secret my password,,,,,i shall be very thankful to u for this,,,,,

Occasional Visitor
mayries

A friend set up my wireless password. i would like to change the pass word for security reasons. How do i go about changing my password ?

Super User
caesarome

Robert's post, the 4th one in the topic will help you with this.
__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Visitor
harrysmummy

Hi,

Ive tried all of the above and am unable to change, someone sent me a 6 step guide however the screen it shows to amend your password is not the screen I am getting. I called sky last night and was on the phone for 20 mins and I still cant do it They didnt know what else to try :smileysad: Really need to change my pasword as my neighbours are using my internet Please help me :smileyhappy: