Help
Help

Broadband Gaming
Contributor
jonesc76

Re: SKY vs VM for gaming

bit of a late reply but i can confirm sky is definately better than virgin media i changed so many settings on my virgin superhub and tryed every setup possible but nothing improved it was definately there throttling now iv been playing games with sky during day and night and only notice a small change during peak times but that is understandable :smileyhappy:

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
LauraMac

Hi jonesc76, 

Thanks for the update. 

I pleased to read that you're enjoying gaming with minimum disruption:smileyhappy:

LauraMac
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Nilsatis

Good of you to come back and with some honesty to boot, I don't believe for the price and what you get you will find any better.

Other ISP Troll Spotter.
Contributor
jonesc76

i nearly forgot to reply lol i was too busy gaming i cant be any more honest virgin give you the speeds for browsing but as soon as gaming or any thing p2p is concerned its useless and who needs 100mb for browsing lol i just got a new hp envy sleekbook with an amd a6 and it loads pages straight away on sky plus the little difference from peak and non peak is good because you dont have to adapt to drastic measures its a constant good connection my kd on cod has gone from 2.30 and i have got it to 2.90 and its still climbing and i havent had to mess about with the router settings :smileywink:

Contributor
RosieAndFrancisUK

[ Edited ]

I posted some good info here http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Fibre-Broadband/Virgin-swap/m-p/696156#M6154

However my area is good for Virgin Media broadband all day i can hit 91Mbps no problem. However im truely [REMOVED] of with virgin medias routing issues example OVH what my server is located for gaming and teamspeak.

Virgin Media Routing OVH last 400 days

Sky OVH last 400 days.

See why im wizzed of?

And for YouTube and BBC iPlayer (Expectily BBC iPlayer on a Weekend) pufffff dont for there, If you wonna read about it, Knock yourself out http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Up-to-60Mb-Speed/Video-Services-Buffering-Constantly/td-p/148168...

Sky Entertainment Extra+, Sky+HD 500GB, Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
Steam PC User also an PS3 user too.