Help
Help

Broadband Gaming
Occasional Visitor
SKYUSER1987GGM
Accepted Solution

Poor connection when playing Xbox 360 Call Of Duty Black Ops / Xbox 360 allocated bandwith?

I play Call Of Duty Black Ops online all the time and I can never get full signal (four bars) when playing, I can only get three bars of signal. This has only started happening recently and is affecting my gaming experience. The Xbox is connected to my sky broadband 12mb router wirelessley so I connected via ethernet cable and I still have the same problem. In the options menu of call of duty black ops it says my bandwith is 800kbps. There are lots of people in my house who use the internet and have laptops and consoles connected to the router and so my question is this; does each console / computer have an allocated bandwith by the router? If so, how can you change these to have priority as I would like to do so with my xbox 360 to gain better signal when gaming online. Thank you!!

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Kris+McD

Re: Poor connection when playing Xbox 360 Call Of Duty Black Ops / Xbox 360 allocated bandwidth?

Hi SKYUSER1987GGM

Welcome to the Help Centre Forums 

From what you have posted you have done the best thing and connected the xbox using the Ethernet cable. 

If you have lots of devices connected to your router this will distribute between them and there is no way to prioritise how much bandwidth goes where.

Hope this helps 

Cheers 

Kris+McD
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.