Rubbish customer service!

New Viewer
Post 1 of 10

Rubbish customer service!

When i was looking at the offers on the sky services on my tv at home i caught the blue button on the remote and it add the sky movies and sports package with hd .so within 5mins i phoned customer services to cancel the package .they laughted and said they only can cancel it after a month so now as a single parent other things wont be payed as my sky bill will be doubled this month what a crock .no help from customer service im think ov cancel it all and go else where treat gd customers of over 18yrs like crap .THANKS SKY for nowt

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 10

Re: Rubbish customer service!

Jimbob6 wrote:

When i was looking at the offers on the sky services on my tv at home i caught the blue button on the remote and it add the sky movies and sports package with hd .so within 5mins i phoned customer services to cancel the package .they laughted and said they only can cancel it after a month so now as a single parent other things wont be payed as my sky bill will be doubled this month what a crock .no help from customer service im think ov cancel it all and go else where treat gd customers of over 18yrs like crap .THANKS SKY for nowt

Hi @Jimbob6 yes it's unfortunate but it does take more than 1 touch of a blue button to add cinema, sports and the HD pack for sports.

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.
Camera Assistant
Post 3 of 10

it has always been 31 days notice to end there sports and Movies service - enjoy them while you have them

Runner
Post 4 of 10

Please can someone help ??

i took anew contract out in December due to an offer of a discounted rate on my Tv services two months on my bill hasn't changed called sky they admit there is an error and they didn't put it on yet they still say I renewed my contract in December yet I didn't receive any new deal does this mean the contract should not be classed as a new one as they haven't honoured it ? 

Oracle
Post 5 of 10

chrissyp72 wrote:

Please can someone help ??

i took anew contract out in December due to an offer of a discounted rate on my Tv services two months on my bill hasn't changed called sky they admit there is an error and they didn't put it on yet they still say I renewed my contract in December yet I didn't receive any new deal does this mean the contract should not be classed as a new one as they haven't honoured it ? 

Hi @chrissyp72 What did Sky say when you spoke to them about honouring the deal? Check your upcoming cost on your account as it should have been amended on your future bills. 

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.
Runner
Post 6 of 10

Hi there pal,

sky said they have made a mistake and they would now put the discount on from next month , my argument is this was agreed in December so beings  nothing has changed a new contract should not have been started ? It would benefit me if the contact was not started so I could now cancel my subscription with no cost . As of yet no changes  have been made I'm still paying full price .

Oracle
Post 7 of 10

I suspect the discount is part and parcel of the 12 months minimum term. No minimum = no discount.

Runner
Post 8 of 10

I have contacted  citizens advice and have received a case number been told that there clearly in breach of contract and to put it in writing  to which they have 14 days to reply . My evidence to them admitting there mistake I'm told is in the recorded call I made to them I can request they listen to the call and then take it from there 

Camera Assistant
Post 9 of 10

they would need to acknowlede the complaint in that timeline but not necessarily resolve it by that time - they would have 8 weeks for that. best to contact their retention team - you wouldn't be in contract if the offer hadn't kicked in unless something else like new equipment was supplied that would also bring in a contract - when you get a new deal with them you do get a cooling off period.

Runner
Post 10 of 10

Hi 

thanks for your reply . A manager is calling me Sunday at 12 to try and resolve the issue ideally agreeing to cancel the contract would be great but don't think it's going to be that easy I'm paying £140 pm which I simply can't afford that's why I had to get a deal from them in December which unfortunately got missed off .

i didn't receive anything off them BTW shame really I've been with them 17yrs and never missed a payment .

Recommended Threads