Another Cancellation with no explanation

Runner
Post 1 of 4

Another Cancellation with no explanation

So how do I explain...

i should be good at explaining this by now as each time I call I get passed from one person to another explaining what is happening, to be passed on again because no one has any answers.

Ok, I had planned to move house so had my sky prepared and organised for my home move. Unfortunately at the 12th hour the move didn't happen, I phoned sky to inform them this was the case.  The date being Sunday the 5th February time being 19:35.

I spoke to a lady on the phone who I needed to explain several times that I had a home move and needed to cancel she told me it was to late as I was moving on 6th, and the cancellation department was closed 19:45 (this department closes at 20:00) she did phone through however there was no answer. 

I asked the lady who I was speaking to is there any way this can be cancelled or way to stop my phone line and broadband being turned off "no sorry it's to late".

So at 00:01 my broadband goes off I know this as I was trying to finish my box sets before you switched me off.

I check my Sky app to see what I have on my account, my address on there is now my new address (which I never moved into) because I cancelled the move on Sunday 5th. So I phone up Sky to change this and reconnect my broadband fibre and phone line. 

On the phone for over 1 1/2hrs to change address and order a NEW broadband and phone package as my old one had been cancelled (no I was moving home)... oh and decided to add Sky Q.

I had all booked for the 20th engineer coming to fit Sky Q and broadband would be switched on within 14 days however will be sooner as everything is still in place (yes because all they did was turn me off online no one was at the exchange at 00:01 as I went for a cig and jokingly said to partner I'm gonna make him switch us back on)

I receive a text on the Friday there is a delay on order will let you know on 14th??? I phoned straight away the lady I explained to was helpful however did tell me there is a fault so unable to connect my internet or phone line... the question now is, if there IS a fault I have been paying for over 2 years for a faulty service. I explained to the lady nothing has changed nothing has been disconnected it's a case of switching my service back on. The lady understood frustration and could see Openreach were bending the truth.

The lady said she would chase this up and call me back as soon as she knew anything more....

14th came I got called back she had been put through to 3 different people on the call centre and was not given a reason why there had been a delay on order or even what the problem was, she was told answer would be given 17th?? So I had booked a call for 17th....

BUT.... 

I get a text on 15th order is cancelled look at email sent says sorry to hear you have cancelled fibre and Sky Q...... WHAT!!!! No I cancelled a home move which you could not do, asked to have broadband switched back on oh and increased my order with you getting Sky Q never have I cancelled....

so I phone up the first three people I explained to had no answers and just passed me on, not explaining to who I was passed on to, five times in total I had to explain what has happened... to then be told no I don't know why your order is cancelled and I can't speak to openreach to ask them??

so if I can't speak to openreach as the customer of Sky and you can't WHY am I dealing with you or why are you offering broadband at all???

I was told I have no order in place now and no way of knowing if I will be cancelled again if I order.

You should wait for your call back on Friday (because you have no answers became arrogant towards me because I asked you questions you could not answer) I was on the phone for almost 1hr 45minutes.

In total I have spoken to Sky for 5hrs + and ordered NOTHING because you cancelled it all and have no answers to why??

then spoken to rudely and passed around because no one can help or be bothered.

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 4

Re: Another Cancellation with no explanation

shnaggle wrote:

So how do I explain...

i should be good at explaining this by now as each time I call I get passed from one person to another explaining what is happening, to be passed on again because no one has any answers.

Ok, I had planned to move house so had my sky prepared and organised for my home move. Unfortunately at the 12th hour the move didn't happen, I phoned sky to inform them this was the case.  The date being Sunday the 5th February time being 19:35.

I spoke to a lady on the phone who I needed to explain several times that I had a home move and needed to cancel she told me it was to late as I was moving on 6th, and the cancellation department was closed 19:45 (this department closes at 20:00) she did phone through however there was no answer. 

I asked the lady who I was speaking to is there any way this can be cancelled or way to stop my phone line and broadband being turned off "no sorry it's to late".

So at 00:01 my broadband goes off I know this as I was trying to finish my box sets before you switched me off.

I check my Sky app to see what I have on my account, my address on there is now my new address (which I never moved into) because I cancelled the move on Sunday 5th. So I phone up Sky to change this and reconnect my broadband fibre and phone line. 

On the phone for over 1 1/2hrs to change address and order a NEW broadband and phone package as my old one had been cancelled (no I was moving home)... oh and decided to add Sky Q.

I had all booked for the 20th engineer coming to fit Sky Q and broadband would be switched on within 14 days however will be sooner as everything is still in place (yes because all they did was turn me off online no one was at the exchange at 00:01 as I went for a cig and jokingly said to partner I'm gonna make him switch us back on)

I receive a text on the Friday there is a delay on order will let you know on 14th??? I phoned straight away the lady I explained to was helpful however did tell me there is a fault so unable to connect my internet or phone line... the question now is, if there IS a fault I have been paying for over 2 years for a faulty service. I explained to the lady nothing has changed nothing has been disconnected it's a case of switching my service back on. The lady understood frustration and could see Openreach were bending the truth.

The lady said she would chase this up and call me back as soon as she knew anything more....

14th came I got called back she had been put through to 3 different people on the call centre and was not given a reason why there had been a delay on order or even what the problem was, she was told answer would be given 17th?? So I had booked a call for 17th....

BUT.... 

I get a text on 15th order is cancelled look at email sent says sorry to hear you have cancelled fibre and Sky Q...... WHAT!!!! No I cancelled a home move which you could not do, asked to have broadband switched back on oh and increased my order with you getting Sky Q never have I cancelled....

so I phone up the first three people I explained to had no answers and just passed me on, not explaining to who I was passed on to, five times in total I had to explain what has happened... to then be told no I don't know why your order is cancelled and I can't speak to openreach to ask them??

so if I can't speak to openreach as the customer of Sky and you can't WHY am I dealing with you or why are you offering broadband at all???

I was told I have no order in place now and no way of knowing if I will be cancelled again if I order.

You should wait for your call back on Friday (because you have no answers became arrogant towards me because I asked you questions you could not answer) I was on the phone for almost 1hr 45minutes.

In total I have spoken to Sky for 5hrs + and ordered NOTHING because you cancelled it all and have no answers to why??

then spoken to rudely and passed around because no one can help or be bothered.

Hi @shnaggle I'm sorry to read of the hassle you have had. I think the best thing for you is to go through the complaints procedure and hopefully everything will be sorted out for you. This shows you how.

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.
Managing Editor
Post 3 of 4

I feel your pain but as this a customer to customer forum we can't really help. There could indeed be a cabinet problem it may be full and someone else has taken the available spot. There are numerous issues that could account for the problem.

Stuart R
Camera Assistant
Post 4 of 4

there is a point of no returns with phone line cancellations - it could not have been averted so close to the point of closure - as i recall when I moved I was advised if I needed to revert it then they would need something like 3 working days.

Recommended Threads
cybaline 28-01-2017 03:37 PM
23-02-2017 11:24 AM
beaudog 12-03-2017 04:57 PM
08-01-2017 11:31 AM
a month ago 10:08 AM