Account & Billing Closure

Runner
Post 1 of 6

Account & Billing Closure

Hi all, 

My friend works for Sky and I've previously had friends and family discount from them. The offer I received was £25 for everything except phone and broadband. My contract is now up and I note that there is now an offer of £35 a month for Sky Q. 

I'm considering closing my Sky account so I can take the new offer which I believe I'm perfectly entitled to do. Can anyone confirm whether I could sign back up as a new customer to take the offer?

Thanks in advance. 

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 6

Re: Account & Billing Closure

Welcome to the forum, 

To be classed as a new customer you need a gap of at least 12 months.

Annie+UK★ DRX895 (4f3151) - Logitech Z-5500 - ASUS VG278HV 27" - EPG Tester (NDA)DRX890 (4f3108) - LG 32LV550T 32" • Boxsets Bundle • MultiScreen • iPad Pro 12.9" - iOS 10.3.2 - Public BetaXbox One - Kinect - Alpha Tester - Annie UK • BT Infinity 2 • YouView HD • Lumia 1520  • Tech Geek • Web Designer • Gamer
Runner
Post 3 of 6

So even though I've met my contractual agreement of 12 months, I am now told that I have to wait twelve months before I can get a new offer. WOW. Sky really like sticking it to people don't they. 

Guess I'll be saying goodbye to Sky then. 

Oracle
Post 4 of 6

They have sewn up the loophole that allowed customers to leave and then sign back up straight away. Which in my opinion is a good thing.

Annie+UK★ DRX895 (4f3151) - Logitech Z-5500 - ASUS VG278HV 27" - EPG Tester (NDA)DRX890 (4f3108) - LG 32LV550T 32" • Boxsets Bundle • MultiScreen • iPad Pro 12.9" - iOS 10.3.2 - Public BetaXbox One - Kinect - Alpha Tester - Annie UK • BT Infinity 2 • YouView HD • Lumia 1520  • Tech Geek • Web Designer • Gamer
Camera Assistant
Post 5 of 6

Nobody is saying you can't have an offer - just not the one you describe from your friend - call and talk to there retention team - I'm sure they'll have something to take the edge off that offer finishing. 

Managing Editor
Post 6 of 6

I've never had any problem getting a discount and I have never threatened to leave. I just phone up and ask nicely and say it's a bit too expensive for me at full price

Stuart R