Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Visitor
karen+hewitt

why wont sky go work on my laptop since the update last week

since sky updated sky go last week, it wont work on my laptop can someone help its really starting to bother me now!!!!!

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
batweb79

Re: why wont sky go work on my laptop since the update last week

Hi karen+hewitt,

Welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear you are not able to use Sky Go as you did before. Can you tell me what happens when you try to watch something, do you get an error message?

Thanks,

Barry
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visitor
karen+hewitt

hi barry

it lets me log in, but when i go to the tv guide and click on a programme to watch now i just get a blank screen ive tried logging back out and restarting it, but still nothing happens. Across the top above the tv guide im not getting anything apart from a blank screen where as before the update there was a screen in the right hand corner where the programme would start now its completly blank just a white screen.would really appreciate any help.

thank you

karen hewitt

Community Coordinator
LauraMac

Hi Karen, 

Thank you for coming back.

Can you please confirm if you've tried viewing Sky Go through a different browser? 

I look forward to your reply. 

LauraMac
Community Coordinator

Visitor
karen+hewitt

hi

no ive not tried viewing on a different browser.

Visitor
karen+hewitt

si ive tried several of the solutions on this forum to  sort my sky go out and still no joy. the sky team really have been no help and its been nearly a week now since it has stopped working. really getting fed up now, whats the point of having sky go if it wont work!!!!!!!!!:womanmad:

Community Coordinator
Tricia07

[ Edited ]

Hi Karen+hewitt,

To help further can you advise if you have tried to view Sky Go through a different browser, also do you have Sky Go active on any other devices, are you having issues with them?

What software do you have on your laptop, has this changed lately or have you changed the security setting to stop pop ups, what error message is displayed?

Thanks

Tricia07
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
Fercaille

I have been having the exact same problems.  Furthermore, I can't log into Sky Go Desktop anymore either.  

But in Sky Go, whenever I try to watch something I get a white screen with the following:

'Apologies, this item has been interrupted due to an error.  Please click to resume watching. [t:6038/ c:4110]'

Super User
caesarome

Check Application Storage & Playback Settings
Windows:
1.Open Microsoft Silverlight by going to the Start Menu > All Programs > Microsoft Silverlight.
2.Click on the Application Storage tab.
3.Ensure the box is checked to Enable Application Storage at the bottom of the window.
4.Select any entries in the window that mention Sky, Sky Go or Sky Player and hit the delete button to remove these entries.
5.Click on the Playback tab and ensure the box is checked to Enable download and updates to components required for protected content playback.
__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Regular Visitor
skeogh123

How do I fix this tv guide error on xbox 360?
Staff
John-B

[ Edited ]

Hi skeogh123,

I can see you have been talking to Tricia on your other post.

Have you tried clearing the Xbox cache?

You should be able to use the steps here.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards

John-B
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
Fercaille

Thanks.  That works!!