Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Getting There
calker05

why is my broadband so slow?

Hi there,

I have recently had the Sky Connect broadband as part of my package as this is the only available broadband in the area. I live in cheddleton but i have done a speed test through speedtest.net and it said i have only 0.03 bites per second. this definately cant be correct.  i then foowed the steps to check my router status and this is what it says

System Up Time: 375:07:13

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collision Pkts Tx b/s Rx b/s Up TimeWANLANWLAN

PPPoA123511515616110202266634104:14:08
Up37876113713778042411340375:07:13
Up287173416855620034928375:07:13

Broadband Link Downstream UpstreamConnection SpeedLine AttenuationNoise Margin

320 kbps64 kbps
63.5 dB31.5 dB
8.0 dB6.6 dB

Is there something wrong with my connection or am i meant to be paying alot of money for a terrible broadband speed

Many thanks Callum

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Getting There
calker05

Re: why is my broadband so slow?

is there nothing i can do? anyone? its frustrating trying to do a disertation when it takes 5 minutes to load one webpage??

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Good morning calker05,

I can see why you are quite aggrieved at the speeds you are currently getting:smileyfrustrated:

Before we look into your issue then I need you to look over this help article which will explain all about the Sky Connect package.

So that I can understand your issue can you tell me what speed you were quoted when you signed up to Sky? This can be found by signing into your MySky and going to the My Broadband section.

Also does this issue occur when connecting wired and wireless?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,

Getting There
calker05

We were estimated 5-8 Mbps so as you can see it is a hel of a lot slower than what we were estimated.

It doesnt make a difference if its wired or wireless but we primarily need wireless. we have tried everything and dont know what to do now.

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

[ Edited ]

Thanks for replying calker05,

I see from your post that you have tried some troubleshooting steps already to try and resolve this issue, however are you able to tell me if was the steps from this help article? These steps will take you through checking your set-up, changing micro filters and also connecting to the test socket if you have one.

If you have not completed those steps then I suggest that you work your way through them.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Regards,

Movin' on Up
Cymru123

Hi GregorA,

I have given calker05 some advice here and have also asked if they could connect to the TEST socket and repost the adsl stats.

Link to post: http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband-Speed/whats-wrong-with-my-internet/td-p/992698

Cheers

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Thanks for letting me know Cymru123,

Your efforts are always appreciated:smileyhappy:

Regards,

Getting There
calker05

the test socket didnt work. I went through everything. I have done everything that can be done to fix it.
Retired Staff Member
Fraser-H

Hi calker05,

Thank you for trying your router in the test socket and for letting us know it does not appear to have helped.

I will arrange for one of my colleagues to send you a PM to allow us to investigate this issue further. Can you keep an eye on your message inbox for their message. If you are unsure how to access this, simply click here.

Thanks

Retired Staff Member
kirsty+d

Hi calker05,

Just to let you know I have sent you a Private Message, if you can check your inbox (as Fraser has directed) and get back to me when you get the chance that would be great.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Getting There
calker05

i have emailed you back now but with it all changing im not sure whether you have recieved it.

Callum