Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
sarahtallon

why does live tv keep buffering when watching on pc?

when trying to watch live tv on sky go through pc why does it stop and keep buffering every couple of seconds and how can i rectify this?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
Fraser-H

Hi sarahtallon,   I am glad to have caught your first pos...

Hi sarahtallon,

I am glad to have caught your first post on the forum, although we could have hoped it had been under better circumstances.

I'm sorry to read that when you are trying to view content through Sky Go that you are getting the buffering message sporadically. This may be caused by the speed of your connection when trying to view this content. What speed are you currently receiving? Are you connecting via ethernet cable or wirelessly? Can you let us know what type of device you are using at the moment?

If you can let us know this will allow us to have this looked into further for you.

Thanks

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
claudia+darmofal

Re: why does live tv keep buffering when watching on pc?

We are having the same problem.  It's not just tonight but has always happened since we purchase skytv last month.  It usually takes us almost 2.5 hours to watch one episode of Game of Thrones.  Finally got frustated enough that we looked for help online. 

1.4MB is the rate shown on the skytv application viewer

We are using an ethernet cable connected to a dsl router

Mac Book Pro w. most recent operating system. 

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Hi claudia+darmofal,

It's great to catch your first post on the Sky Help Forum!

I can understand this can't be ideal when you are trying to watch something especially when it's taking over 2 hours :smileyfrustrated:

Can you tell me if you're getting any error message on the screen at all? Also have you tried using another browser to see if the same problem occurs?

I look forward to your reply so that I can advise further.

Thanks,

claudia+darmofal

I've tried Safari and Firefox.  Both have buffering issues. 

No other error messages are received. 

This is a well documented problem in the Forums.  If you've read the Forums you'll see this isn't a problem with my computer, my router, my modem, my webserver or my internet connection.  

I have read all the forums and tried all the "fixes" that are offered therein and none of them have worke

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

[ Edited ]

Thanks for replying claudia+darmofal,

Can you give me some examples of content that buffers? Also have you tired a wireless connection to see if the same issue occurs?

Regards,

claudia+darmofal

Please read my first post.  I gave an example of content that buffers already.  

Also, if you have read the forums, people have already trouble tried the wireless option and it has not solved their problems. 

Please offer a solution and not further "solutions" that have already been suggested in the Forum and failed to fix the buffering problem. 

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Hi claudia+darmofal,

I need more specific examples, whether this be live content or content from the On Demand section.

Are you with Sky for your broadband service?

Thanks,

claudia+darmofal

We are with skygo.  Monthly subscription.  We are trying to view programming that has the watch now symbol. 

Retired Staff Member
GarryC

Thanks for confirming claudia+darmofal.

I can see from your posts that you have only recently joined Sky one month ago - did you take Sky Broadband with this also?  Can you let me know if you have had any issues with your broadband service recently?

Thanks,

claudia+darmofal

Only skygo monthly. We don't have broadband service via sky.  

Community Coordinator
Peter-Ed

Hi claudia+darmofal,

Thanks for answering our questions,

Can I ask you what speed you are receiving with your broadband provider? Have you attempted any troubleshooting for example un/reinstall the silverlight application?

Thanks,

Pete
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
claudia+darmofal

1.4MB is the rate shown on the skytv application viewer

Yes, we have already tried to fix w. uninstalling and reinstalling silverlight and it hasn't helped. 

Community Coordinator
Peter-Ed

HI claudia+darmofal,

With your broadband speed we would always recomend that you have at least 2 Mbps to get any sort of consistent picture and it would seem this would be the main cause of your issue. I would advise that you speak to your broadband provider to see if there is any way to increase this speed as you may have a fault that is causing this.

Please inform us of any findings you get from this.

Thanks,

Pete
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.