Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
hammer1
Accepted Solution

why cant I tune my bedroom tv to my sky hd channel?

[ Edited ]

can anyone tell me why i cant tune my upstairs tv into my sky hd channel? i have a magic eye system from my old sky+ box and my hd box has a rf2 output on the back, so dont need an io box, do i need something else to find the sky channel on other tv's in the house or am i doing something wrong or, will the old magic eye system not work with the new hd set up??

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Senior Member (Platinum)
-Craig

Have you turned on RF2 outlet?   If not go to SERVICES---...

[ Edited ]

Have you turned on RF2 outlet?

If not go to SERVICES---PRESS 001 press SELECT-------RF OUTLETS-------TURN ON RF OUTLET POWER SUPPLY----PRESS GREEN to SAVE

RF 2 default channel is 68.

========================================================
Had Sky Since 1987, it's Come Along Way :smileyhappy:
2x DRX 895 version - 4F3151, SKY Fibre Pro - Sky Hub SR101
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If someone helps you here, please click the "thumbs up" button
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
hammer1

Re: Have you turned on RF2 outlet?   If not go to SERVICES---...

Hi Craig, appreciate the help, have tried to turn on the rf outlets but can't seem to get to the 'turn on rf outlet power supply' option, as when I go to services there isn't an option to press 001??
Senior Member (Platinum)
-Craig

Re: Have you turned on RF2 outlet?   If not go to SERVICES---...

Hi Hammer,

Sorry about the confusion. 001 select isn't actually an option, it's a hidden menu.

When you go to SERVICES, just get the remote control and press the numbers 001 then press SELECT and you will be in the menu
Had Sky Since 1987, it's Come Along Way :smileyhappy:
2x DRX 895 version - 4F3151, SKY Fibre Pro - Sky Hub SR101
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If someone helps you here, please click the "thumbs up" button
Super User
Mark39

Re: why cant I tune my bedroom tv to my sky hd channel?

[ Edited ]

hammer1 wrote:

can anyone tell me why i cant tune my upstairs tv into my sky hd channel?.....will the old magic eye system not work with the new hd set up??

All the magic eye does is to allow you to remotely control your Sky box. What you need to get the Sky signal on your bedroom TV is just a coax cable connected between the RF2 socket of your Sky box and the aerial socket of the TV.

Firstly, does your bedroom TV have an analogue tuner? Some newer TVs don't, now that all the analogue TV transmitters have been switched over to digital Freeview. When you use the setup menu of the TV to scan for channels, make sure you select the analogue tuner as well as the digital (Freeview) tuner.

hammer1

Re: why cant I tune my bedroom tv to my sky hd channel?

Have sorted it, thanks for your help Craig and Mark, really appreciate it. I wasn't tuning it in both digital and analogue which wasn't helping but eventually got it, cheers. 😊