Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
lr1985
Accepted Solution

what is WPA/wpa2 psk

i have a samsung galixy ace i want sky go on it my wi fi says disabled, secureed with wpa/wpa2 psk how do i un lock it 

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
GRF4784

Hi Ir1985,   Have you spoken to Samsung about this as it...

[ Edited ]

Hi lr1985,

Have you spoken to Samsung about this as it seems to be more of an issue with your device rather than Sky.

Cheers,

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
dsg
Contributor
dsg

Re: what is WPA/wpa2 psk

lr1985 wrote:

i have a samsung galixy ace i want sky go on it my wi fi says disabled, secureed with wpa/wpa2 psk how do i un lock it 

These are wireless security standards. The short answer is that you probably need to enter the password for the wireless network that you are trying to connect to.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please note: An allegation is an assertion of fact. Anything posted above is merely an expression of opinion and contains no allegations, unproven, unfounded or otherwise.
Occasional Visitor
Ashkann

Wpa/WPA2 is the Encryption way to secure your wifi

To use wifi on your Galaxy Ace you need to enable wifi on galaxy 

go to setting then connection and enable it there

then it will search for wifi 

when you saw your network name on search screen touch it (choose)

then it will ask for password 

In most cases if you dont change the password on your modem the default password is printed on the back of modem 

enter that password 

Remember it is case sensitive 

enter the words exactly like they are Printed for example: if it is F with big words you should enter it F and not f 

dont use space aswell 

Contributor
Hyflex

They are the security types associated with wireless technology.

WEP = Outdated Wireless Security, easily crackable/hackable and is pointless to use. (1999)
WPA / WPA-PSK / WPA Personal = Outdated Wireless Security, crackable/hackable but more compatible with more devices (2003)
WPA2 / WPA2-PSK / WPA2 Personal = The most secure wireless security currently but not as many devices support WPA2 however it's still by far the best choice.(2004) (Reccomended)

TKIP = Encryption techology which encrypts the above security methods, it's widly supported by the majorty of devices but it's less secure.
AES = Encryption techology which encrypts the above security methods, it's not as widly supported but it should work with most devices. (Reccomended)

There is no real point to be running WPA/WPA2-PSK as it's a compatibility mode supporting two encryption protocals one of which can be hacked/cracked fairly easy. Personally I would suggest you put your router to WPA2-PSK with the encryption set to AES.

However, like the Sky rep: GRF4784 said its not a Sky issue the best place to post in regards to this problem is: http://samsunggalaxysforums.com/ or over at the XDA forums: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1164