Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Getting There
tigersfoot
Accepted Solution

tv guide slow to respond or doesn't respond at all.

Hi please help as this is driving me up the wall.  Though I can get up the main tv guide page it either doesn't respond any further or is very slow to respond to commands.  I have tried resetting the box by turning the power off at the wall for several minutes and starting it up again but this doesn't make any difference.  Any ideas?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Mentor
Pete+H2K

Re: tv guide slow to respond or doesn't respond at all.

Hi,

you can try a planner rebuild, this may help in this situation.

1. press services 0 0 1 select

2. Press right to rebuild (will expand to Sky+ rebuld)

3. press select twice. after about a minute or two, the box will turn off and go in to standby.

4. wait 3-4 minutes and turn on.

Cheers

Pete

If this post has helped you, you can thank me by clicking the pink star to give me Kudos :-)
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Getting There
bobbybee

I too have noticed in the last few days that there can be several seconds (up to possibly 10) before the sky box reacts to the keys pressed on the handset

I'm New Here
jungle-expert

The solution posted helped me solve the problem . Thanks!

I'm New Here
yamilad

i have been very frustrated with this for weeks, press the bottons, nothing hapens for up to 10 secs, press more buttons, then i dont know whats happening, arrrgghh.

Performed the task above and hey presto......

Why did i wait so long....????

Retired Staff Member
GarryC

Hi Everyone,

It is great to see that the suggestion of a 'planner rebuild' made by Pete+H2k is resolving your issue and thanks for taking the time to let us know how you are getting on once you try it.

Getting There
Lesh73

Thanks

Do you know why this happens in the first place?
Retired Staff Member
GarryC

Hi Lesh73,

As your Sky box has a hard drive installed in it, it works a little like a computer and can become slow to respond.  The planner rebuild is a process which tidies the files in the hard drive up and helps it run as normal again.

Thanks,

I'm New Here
liz.b

Before I do this, could you confirm I won't lose my recording in my planner? Thanks :smileyhappy:

Super User
kato

liz.b wrote:

Before I do this, could you confirm I won't lose my recording in my planner? Thanks :smileyhappy:

You will not lose any of your recordings while carrying out a planner rebuild.:smileyhappy:

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
I'm New Here
Gavin+Cork

Tried the fix this morning, my HD box now running smoothly again
Many thanks
Gav.
Getting There
kingsway123

if i reset the box as suggested - will i lose the programmes recorded in the planner

Super User
Mark39

See the post 2 above yours.

Getting There
Patrick+Mullins

You're a genius. Should be working for Sky. Worked a treat.

Getting There
PBW1959

Many thanks for the solution originally posted. It worked for me and removed an irritating niggle.

Thanks again.

Paul.

Pete+H2K wrote:

Hi,

you can try a planner rebuild, this may help in this situation.

1. press services 0 0 1 select

2. Press right to rebuild (will expand to Sky+ rebuld)

3. press select twice. after about a minute or two, the box will turn off and go in to standby.

4. wait 3-4 minutes and turn on.

Cheers

Pete

Many thanks Pete, it worked for me and resolved an irritating niggle.

Thanks again.

Paul.