Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Getting There
vchoc

transfering from sky+HD box to DVD

Hi,

I had a look through the forum and found some instructions to connect the sky box dvd recorder and tv using scart cables so I could transfer my recorded programmes to dvd. I managed to do this but the picture quality is very poor.

Am I doing something wrong, is it the scart cables? Both scart sockets on my dvd recorder (Philips dvdr 610) say input and output, could that be the problem? I tried both ways round but I only get a picture at all when connecting the tv to the bottom socket.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Annie+UK

Re: transfering from sky+HD box to DVD

Make sure your DVD SCART setting is RGB and if you have 2 SCARTS sockets on the Sky box choose the TV out one. Don't forget HD programmes will be downscaled to SD over anthing other than HDMI.

Annie.......... Xbox Gamertag: Annie UK  -  Sky Help - YouTube channel

Sky customer since 1989 - βeta tester for: WindowsTechPreview, Xbox One, Windows Phone, Sky+HD etc... Hardware: DRX890 to LG 32LV550T, DRX895 to LG 42LV550T, Lumia 1520, Xbox One,, iPad Air 2 (128GB WiFi)

If someone helps you please click the thumbs up icon and/or accept as a solution, in the post options, where appropriate. Thanks.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Getting There
vchoc

Hi Annie+UK , thanks for replying, I have changed the scart setting to RGB and made sure the scart is in the tv out box on the sky box. Unfortunately this has not made any difference to the picture, it is the same even just watching sky through this connection, there is a lot of ghosting, it looks like an old VHS tape or a bit like when pausing a video tape.

Wise Council
John8372

Is your SCART cable fully wired. Could you try another one?

Try switching on the SCART Control setting on your Sky box. My TV wont pick up the RGB signal unless this is also on.