Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Regular Visitor
paul+sheriff

talktalk router connection fixed for on demand

ok guys here it is how to connect you router to talktalk first off remember that when you put in your password it needs to be lower case as default the sky remote gives you cap first you have to keep pressing to get to lower case ..so try this first for me this did not work ..but here is the fix we have 

1/take out the Ethernet  cable form the back of the sky box and plug it into a laptop then turn of the wireless connection on laptop then you need to go to http://skywirelessconnector when that page comes up go to wireless connection look for your network and insert your password and connect for me it said loading page for ages but i did see that the yellow triangle 

at the bottom went from yellow to connected i then pressed wireless connection again my network then showed up as connected then unplug cable and put back into sky box you on demand should now be working ...

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Regular Visitor
paul+sheriff

Re: talktalk router connection fixed for on demand

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/On-Demand-Catch-Up-TV/talktalk-router-connection-fixed-for-on-demand/td-...

here you go try this works for talktalk routers so should work for the rest 

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
Emma-O

Great information paul+sheriff,

Thanks for sharing this.

Visitor
Donnaslily

Great thanks paul+sheriff...
I hoped this would work for me but just wondering if I've missed a step.... Just to clarify 2 things: when u unplug the Ethernet from sky box this should leave the wireless box connected to my laptop, yes?? Then When I type "http://skywirelessconnector" it says not found :smileysad: it just goes to google suggestions such as other sky weblinks. If that's all correct then I guess this is still unsolved for me 😳
Regular Visitor
paul+sheriff

did you turn of you wifi on your laptop i got thid from sky they are trying this out but not public yet ..and yes you are connected to you sky wifi box with power on 

Visitor
Fishface303

I have followed the instructions but am struggling to get the laptop to "find" the wireless connector, although I've plugged it into the laptop as instructed and it's clearly being seen by the laptop as "limited or no connection".  http://skywirelessconnector is not being found by IE.  What am I doing wrong?

Community Coordinator
chelsea12

Hi Fishface303,

Not too good to see that you are having an issue with your Router.

Can you change browser to see if this helps?

Let me know how you get on?

Thanks,

Jane
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Visitor
Fishface303

I've tried IE and Chrome but neither is "seeing" the wireless connector.  Something to do with both browsers being unhappy that they're not connected to the internet, I think.  Must be something I can switch off.....

Community Coordinator
chelsea12

Hi Fishface303,

Have you tried connecting wired to see if this makes a difference?

Thanks,

Jane
Community Coordinator

Visitor
Fishface303

That's not helped I'm afraid.  I have even tried plugging the wireless connector directly by cable into the router and it's still not found - in fact it then blocks the internet connection.  It seems I am doing something wrong if this fix works for others but I really don't know what. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Retired Staff Member
Emma-O

Hi Fishface303,

I am sorry the troubleshooting steps failed. Can you disconnect everything then reconnect, following the steps again.

Have you contacted Talk Talk?

Thanks.

Visitor
Fishface303

I have tried that, including powering down and re-setting the router.  It's a complete waste of time talking to TalkTalk as you can see from reading the comments on the forum.  I'd switch broadband supplier in an instant if I could keep my email address but I cannot afford to lose it so I'm stuck with them.

Retired Staff Member
Emma-O

Okay Fishface303,

It is strange the instruction that paul+sheriff supplied did not help. The only other thing I can do is, I’ll have one of our team look into this further and they will send a Private Message shortly requesting more details.

Thanks.

Retired Staff Member
chaz1985

Hi Fishface303,

We've sent you a private message to get some account details to have a look into this further for you. If you can reply to this when you get a chance, we'll look into it ASAP for you.

Thanks

chaz1985
Community Coordinator

Frequent Visitor
Chazzer

Hi There

Can anyone help me?

The sky engineer has just left having changed my Sky + HD box but unfortunately without resolving my problem.

The problem is that my On Demand Service is connected wirelessly to my router (talktalk) and the progammes are being downloaded. All good so far but when I've tried to play them back I get an error message (For Your Information 28 - Programme Synoposis is not available - Call the broadcaster to upgrade your subscription to receive this channel). I subscribe to the full sky package and the engineer has told me he has not encountered this problem before so it must be a router problem? Have spent hours trying to get this sorted but without success.Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Dave