Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Getting There
blackeyedsue

sky yahoo mail problem

For about a month now I have not been able to open pdf attachments in mail messages.  Now the whole look of my email has changed and all the icons and menu options have been replaced by squares.  It only happens on my PC, it is fine on my tablet.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: sky yahoo mail problem

The Sky Yahoo page has changed for everybody as per this:

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Yahoo-Mail/New-Look-for-Sky-Yahoo-Mail/m-p/1564555#U1564555

I think you have to download any file now before opening them.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Laura-H

Hey blackeyedsue,

Thanks for your post. I hope the previous message from caesarome has helped you out, if not please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Thanks.

Getting There
blackeyedsue

It has not helped me at all. I am unable to open any PDF file or even download it.

Super User
caesarome

Is this what you see:

attachment.JPG

By this I mean the little grey box with the arrow on it or the View all and Download all links ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Getting There
blackeyedsue

It just says PDF........download..and when I click on download...it says....save to my computer.....but it does neither of these. The whole email page has gone funny with no paper clips or symbols showing......only lots of little squares between the writing

Super User
caesarome

blackeyedsue wrote:

and when I click on download...it says....save to my computer.....but it does neither of these.

Are you 100% sure it hasn't downloaded quietly in the background to your computer ?

Try holding down the F5 button while pressing the CTRL button down to get the page to reload if it isn't displaying correctly.

I do not work for Sky.
Getting There
blackeyedsue

It has not downloaded anything......got my daughter to check. Tried the CTR/f5 trick but that doesn't work either. Sky mail is fine on my tablet but not laptop. My daughter thinks it is some incompatibility between my laptop and sky mail.....since you changed in Dec 2013.... But don't know how to put it right........please don't give up on me

Community Coordinator
Natasha-B

Hello blackeyedsue,

Sorry to see you have experienced issues with your Sky Email when trying to download a file.

You have mentioned it's fine on the Tablet but not on your laptop. With using your laptop how do you access emailed i.e. Direct via My Sky or via a mail client such as Windows Live Mail or Outlook Express etc?

Thanks,

Getting There
blackeyedsue

Hi

I access my email direct from my sky, on my laptop.

Graduate
Silvers1979

Have you tried using another browser?
Getting There
blackeyedsue

I have not used another browser as I am used to internet explorer

Community Coordinator
lainys

Hello and Good Afternoon blackeyedsue.

I was sorry to read you are still having issues when trying to open a pdf attachments when using Sky email via outlook. 

Have you tried to update or install Adobe pdf or any other provider.

If you use a search engine website and search pdf you will find plenty of options.

Cab you let us know how you get on?

Lainy

Getting There
blackeyedsue

I have given up on putting sky/yahoo mail right.....instead I have set up windows live mail & fortunately it is receiving my sky mail & letting me open pdf files again. Would recommend this to anyone else having problems.

Community Coordinator
LiamC88

Hey blackeyedsue,

Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know what steps you have taken to get this fixed, I'm glad everything is working fine again and hopefully this can help another member of the community. 

If you have any further questions please let me know.

Thanks.