Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
bigdaddy57

sky sports from vodafone

I have signed up to vodafone 4g and received sky sports as part of the package, I was given a sky userid and told to visit http://vdfn.co/u8ytd. I was given a username and I set up a sky id. Problem happens when I try to link my sky id to a sky account. I do not have a sky account. how do I do the link? 

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
wearsas63

Im having the same problem and vodaphone are zero help.

Im having the same problem and vodaphone are zero help.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
evisusimon

Re: sky sports from vodafone

Have you set up your account with weird username they text you? I set mine up with my own choice and got stuck... It's working now :smileyhappy:
Staff
John-B

re: sky sports from vodafone

[ Edited ]

Hey All,

When you are signing in, did you choose the: 'I subscribe to Mobile TV via Vodafone' option?

If you can let me know when you get a minute.

Cheers

John-B
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
Eastlygod

[ Edited ]

Were is this option? I'm having the same difficulty, and couldn't find a vodafone option anywhere.

Staff
John-B

Hi Eastlygod,

Once you are within the app and choose a channel to watch, you should then be prompted saying you don't have a valid subscription.

It should then let you choose this option? Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

John-B
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
roberto1234567

How did you do that I can't !!
Occasional Visitor
snap709

register the username vodafone sent then on next page tell it you dont have sky tv etc then download app

via the app go to subscribe then click on the one that says its 499 a month it will tell you the you laready have a valid subscription

go back click on channel you want and boom youre in

Occasional Visitor
vodafone+user

I have registered with the details from vodafone and I'm getting stuck too as I don't have a sky account. I have downloaded the app which I can't log into. I do not want to give my google password in case I'm charged 4.99. Has anyone got this working yet? I was going to call vodafone but I'm not sure how helpful they will be
Visitor
Nedy+999

Having same problem, signed upto Vodafone 4g with the free sky sports 1,2,3 etc but it appears that because I'm not a Sky customer I can't get in, it appears to get stuck on that page or via the App which I'm not entirely certain is the or correct one, suggests ill have to pay 4.99
Each time I try re-registering it says about receiving a message in the next 5 hours, I've already done this twice!
Can anyone help, is this offer from Vodafone to get free sports channels actually work without being a sky customer?
If so HOW do I get it to work?
Occasional Visitor
vodafone+user

I have it working. I read different theories since I posted last night and tried all of them. I don't know which one worked. First if all I uninstalled the sky sports tv app. I don't know if this had to be done but I wanted to start the whole thing again. I have read that this should be done on 3g so I switched off wifi.
Next I went back to the text from Vodafone and reregistered on sky using the link in the text message. You will need to use a different email address.
this time, instead of making up my own user ID I used the one in the Vodafone text. I cancelled the 2nd registration screen without selecting anything. This took me to a page with an error but I ignored that.
i then downloaded the app again.
I logged on to the app using the ID which matches the one on Vodafone text however Sky changed the case to uppercase so you must do that too. That was it. Good luck
roberto1234567

I don't know how to do it !!!
roberto1234567

Thanks mate I have it working , nice one fella
Occasional Visitor
Jordanr91

Not working, this is so frustrating
roberto1234567

Do this .1 Unistall the sky sport app .2 get a email address unused then go to the text that vodafone sent you and open the links to create you sky id , fill it up and where say username put the code that vodafone sent you with your own password when you finish all create your sky id , in the second page don't do anything don't fill it up just go down and cancell it gonna send you to another sky page don't do anything , download sky sport app open the app then sign in with the username ( the code that vodafone sent you ) and you own password and done !!!