Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Getting There
snook45
Accepted Solution

sky router not working!

Hi,

A friend just recived a new sagem router from sky but their mac laptop cannot connect to it at all.

I tried a win7 laptop with it and have the same problem.With win7 I tried it with ethernet and the error

given is ''no valid ip address''.Also the only lights showing on router are the on light and ethernet.Tried all

the usual things with the router but no go.Does this suggest the router is faulty.

Thanks

Vic

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
caesarome

Re: sky router not working!

There are problems with this router as can be seen here:

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband-Technical-Issues/Sagemcom-F-ST-2304n-Issues/td-p/69631/jump-to...

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Getting There
snook45

Thanks for the reply caesarome but I do have the problem of not being able to access the router settings.

Do you or anyone else think that settings on the laptop to do with the ip address could be a problem?

Thanks again

Vic

Staff
Shelz

Hi snook45,

This does not sound as though it is the known issue from what you have posted, could you please follow this troubleshooting to see if this helps.

If this does not rectify your problem could you please let us know.

On The Up
LooneyTunes

You have the Efternet light on which is an indication that the cable, and the ports are working and communicating.. Sounds like a configuration problem.. Ensure both PC's are set to DCHP, do not set the IP's manually.

Also do a hard reset by holding the reset button on the back for 10secs ish, other than that if it doesnt still work you indeed have a faulty router...

Getting There
snook45

Hi

Thanks to everyone who have replied,just found out that sky is sending a new router to my friend.

So I'll wait till that arrives.

Thanks again

vic