Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Getting There
gillien26

sky on xbox problem

Last night was able to watch sky through my xbox no problem, this morning however it is telling me i need to be a sky customer with the obvious package. I have the full sky package and am getting frustrated by this issue as i do not need to upgrade. It recognises my sky id but won't let me watch anything.
Thank you
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Staff
John-B

Re: sky on xbox problem

Hi gillien26

Thanks for taking the time to visit our Forum and make your first post.

Can you confirm that you are using your Primary SkyiD to log into Sky Go?

Thanks

John-B
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
I'm New Here
Wingcom

I too can't get onto sky on the Xbox since the new Xbox upgrade I currently have only one device registered having removed one in case the petty 2 device limit was the problem. Am really cheesed of with it and lack of mention of Xbox on manage devices. Virgin media here I come!?
Getting There
MJLJAmor

I seem to be having a very similar problem. Have only recently joined Sky and have just set up the Sky ID so that we can also watch some channels through an Xbox. Having signed in every channel I click on states that I need to be a Sky TV customer and need to visit the upgrade website to purchase this. I don't understand as the Sky ID is the main ID linked to the account and all of the settings state that the correct packages are on the account.

I thought I would try to view channels on my Laptop to see if the xbox was the problem but I get exactly the same response stating that I need to upgrade to the channels even though we already have them.

Are you able to help or suggest why this may be happening?

Staff
Tricia07

Welcome to the Sky Forum Wingcom,

I am sorry you are having issues with your Sky Go through your Xbox.

We do have troubleshooting steps from the Sky Help Centre that can help most of the issues and the Sky Forum is another great place to allow the community to help using their own personal knowledge.

If you are having ongoing problems with the device limit you will need to contact us to allow us to look into this further.

Regards.

Staff
Tricia07

Hi MJLJAmor,

Sorry you are having issues trying to set up Sky Go. There could be an issue causing your sky account not linking properly with your Sky ID account.

To resolve this issue you will need to contact us directly.

Please let us know how you get on and welcome to the Sky Forum.:smileyhappy: