Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
kilton1956

sky on demand fail

Hi , Sky on demand just failed, has been working fine, nothing has been altered or changed. Failed to connect to my router, it sees it but says conection fail. Have tried all recommendations, My broadband is working fine. Ideas please.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Chris-McP

Hi kilton1956,   I assume you are connection via your Wifi?

Hi kilton1956,

I assume you are connection via your Wifi?

Chris-McP
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Soundman2056

Re: sky on demand fail

I have exactly the same issue. Haven't changed anything in my wireless setup and have both local and connection service fail. The sky wireless box is seeing my network but not connecting as there is no IP address, something really strange is going on. I'm gon to give it a couple more attempts to fix it hen return he wireless box for a refund.
Community Coordinator
Chris-McP

Hi Soundman2056,

That's not so good. What troubleshooting have you been trying so far?

Chris-McP
Community Coordinator

Soundman2056

I've tried everything that's suggested on this and other threads and it's quite simply ridiculous. Nothing in my home wireless network has changed but the wireless box just doesn't work. When I reset it via the pinhole in the back it offers me networks I've never heard of and more importantly can't be seen by my laptop or phone. Very frustrating.
Soundman2056

Now instead of unknown networks it's saying that no networks can be found yet I'm typing this on my laptop that showing me a very healthy signal and an Internet connection in excess of 8 meg !!

Going to pack it in a box back to sky
Community Coordinator
Chris-McP

Hi Soundman2056,

can you tell me more about your set up so I can try help you?

• What kind of box do you have?
  • Do you have a wireless connector from Sky?
  • Are you a Sky Broadband customer?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Chris-McP
Community Coordinator