Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
robeff7

sky mini wireless connector

i recently received a sky mini wireless connector. it worked fine the first day. however a day later it stopped working. I tried some of the troubleshooting steps but that hasnt helped. I have tried 'resetting' , 'rebuilding' , 'software update' and full format but nnothing seems to work.

on the 'network' tab i have:

connection to Broadbad router........fail

connection to On Demand...............fail

but not only that everything slows down as soon as i go to the 'network' tab. 

Any ideas how i can fix this will be greatly appreciated 

thanks

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: sky mini wireless connector

[ Edited ]

Have you tried rebooting your box and broadband hub ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
LiamC88

[ Edited ]

Hello robeff7,

Thank you for taking your time to post and explain the problem with your Sky Mini Wireless Connector.

I'm sorry for the late reply to your post and I can understand how frustrating this would be if you were not able to view your Sky On Demand content. I can see caesarome has offered some advice, can you please let me know if you have managed to get to the bottom of this problem so I can help further?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Liam
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
robeff7

I have tried rebooting the box and broad that hasnt seemed to fix the problem. I did a 'rebuild' but the sky box. This has made the problem worse. The sky box runs ok until i try to select the 'network' tab. When i do select the network tab the box becomes unresponsive for 2-4mins. Any solutions?
Thanks
Contributor
Silvers1979

Unplug the mini adapter, switch the HD box off at the mains, plug the adapter back in and then power the HD box up again and see if you have any luck.
robeff7

Just read my message. Sorry about the missing words!

But silvers1979 iv tried tht too, still hasnt worked. I thought id erase everything but that hasnt solved the issue. Left it unplugged over night. No fix im afraid.

Im thinking i have to do a hard reset? Because when i erased everything by selecting '0 0 1' and selected delete. But once i rebooted it, all the programmes were gone (which i expected) but i still had my favourites. Is there another way of doing a hard reset of some sort?

Much appreciated guys.
Contributor
Silvers1979

Doing the full systems rest only formats the hard drive it won't change any of the personal settings on the HD box. Is there a reset button on the wireless adapter if so then try pressing that in for 10 seconds and then try to reconnect again.
Community Coordinator
Jason-H

Hi robeff7

It's been a week since we last heard from you. Have you managed to resolve your issues with connecting to On Demand? If so, what did you have to do to resolve this? If not, let me know and I can then look into this further.

I look forward to your reply. Fingers, toes and eyes crossed.

Cheers,

Jason-H
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.